We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance do you pack?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey
Level Contributor
147 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How far in advance do you pack?

I plan to have my bag zipped up by the door a week in advance this year. I'll just throw in the toiletries last minute.

How about you?

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far in advance do you pack?

The night before......................I go so often it takes me about 10 minutes to pack. The toiletries take the longest and go in last just before I leave.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far in advance do you pack?

leaving on the 7th of april will pack on 5th

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far in advance do you pack?

Hola: My suitcase is in the back bedroom, still half full of packing for our trip last November !!!!! When I start to pack for my trip for this November, I am already halfway there !!!!!!!

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Yulee, Florida
Level Contributor
517 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far in advance do you pack?

We have a 'vacation closet' with all our vacation clothes hanging up. The weekend before leaving we pack the bags and all we have to do is pack the toiletries and we are all set! My packing lists are made and everything is set to rock and roll. Vacation to Punta Cana...PRICELESS!

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far in advance do you pack?

Usually the weekend before . . . gives me a chance to "update" the occasional item at the mall if needed <g>

C

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far in advance do you pack?

LOL.....I'm like Mike, I washed my clothes from my trip in Feb and I've already put them back in the suitcase......I guess that kinda means I'm already almost packed for my return next Feb.......lol :)

chicago,il
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How far in advance do you pack?

a week before lol.. i usually am couting down days so when it's a week before I'm more than ready to pack:)

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How far in advance do you pack?

I get so excited about vacation that I make my husband put out the suitcases 1 month ahead. I also have a vacation closet. Makes life easy and something to look forward to during the year!!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How far in advance do you pack?

Well..I usually start thinking about what I need to take about a month in advance. So I'm leaving on April 23 and I've just started pulling out my shorts, swimsuits, cover-ups and thinking trying them on to see what fits and what I might need :-)

~Angie

chicago,il
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How far in advance do you pack?

i have been pulling clothes out of the closet already and have a "vacation pile" ;) and my trip is less than 8 weeks away