We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about shade by the pools....

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Questions about shade by the pools....

the latest review states it was hard finding shade by the pool. I have read this many times in the reviews. If you don't get up really early to get your spot, you can't find a place in the shade?????? Could this really be true????? I need shade!!!! Also, doesn't the hotel provide umbrellas if all the shade huts are taken??? I guess the more I am reading about this, the more nervous i am getting over the issue of shade. Please fellow Majestic travelers....advise me on the truth regarding shade around the pool. Once again, thanks in advance.

NJ
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about shade by the pools....

one more thing....in some of the hotel photos the sunbeds have awning like curtains and in others they are not there. Does anyone know why the curtains would be taken off the sunbeds???

Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
347 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about shade by the pools....

This post is funny to me. You are going to the Tropics. Take a hat and wear some sunscreen LOL...sorry...I just find it funny some of the things that concern people about their impending vacations...

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about shade by the pools....

Check the other thread going on Majestic regarding shade around the pool. So far every resort I have been to (including Rivieria Maya, Jamaica, and Maui) has been somewhat "challenging" getting a shady spot...they are definitely taken quickly!!

~Angie

Edited: 06 April 2010, 03:18
London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about shade by the pools....

I guess I don't understand the constant concern about shade either. Maybe a destination that isn't warm and sunny would be more suitable? In any case, we found that there was actually too much shade around the Majestic's pools. The way it is set up, it is hard to get a place where you can get constant sun so don't worry about it, even if you don't get a palapa you can still find plenty of shade or just hide under a palm tree :-)

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about shade by the pools....

I understand the concern....it gets pretty darn hot out there in the direct sun all day long..it's nice to have a shade break but still enjoy that warm, tropical weather. It doesn't at all mean a tropical location isn't suitable just because your wondering what the shade availability is...just saying :-)

~Angie

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about shade by the pools....

I see your point Angie, but getting to the point where you are almost distraught because there isn't going to be any shade doesn't at all seem like a good vacation to me. Like I said, there is always some form of shade available at any given hotel but you need to be resourceful. Don't freak out if there are no palapas left just find an alternate like a palm tree......also, it is extremely rare to have a completely sunny day. Most of the time it will be partly cloudy which will give people the break from the heat that is needed.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about shade by the pools....

Ah - I see what you were saying...no reason to freak out about it and ruin a vacation - totally agree on that!!!

~Angie

8. Re: Questions about shade by the pools....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 06:22