We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation of excursions in Punta Cana - HELP

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Galveston
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendation of excursions in Punta Cana - HELP

We are about to leave for our trip to Punta Cana and have just been informed that our Boca de Yuma tour with PCMike has been canceled due to personal circumstances. I have sent an email inquiring whether or not David could accommodate our booking since it was booked last February. Haven't heard back from Mike so does anyone out there have any suggestions on a tour offering the same outing? Help. we're leaving for the airport very early tomorrow morning.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation of excursions in Punta Cana - HELP

Oh no. I am sorry your tour got canceled. Hopefully you will hear something.

i am sorry I don't have any recommendations but I'm bumping this up to see if you can't get some info

Scarborough
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation of excursions in Punta Cana - HELP

If you want to learn about the DR and her people you could try the OUTBACK SAFARI or the BAVARO RUNNERS. Your rep at the resort will be alble to help you with the booking of this. It is not a personalized tour like with Mike but you will learn somethings about the DR.

Check the things to do on the left side panel and it should give some ideas of other things to do as well.

Hope you enjoy your vacation.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation of excursions in Punta Cana - HELP

I did find this one:

excursionscorner.com/excursionsmainpage/safa…

which seems similar to the PuntaCanaMike tours

Galveston
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation of excursions in Punta Cana - HELP

Thank you all so very much. I knew my TripAdvisor friends could help out.

I will check with Mike at mikesmarina (didn't think of him) about the safari excursion but that may be the one Moon Palace offers....not sure.

Thanks again to everyone.

chicago,il
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendation of excursions in Punta Cana - HELP

how is the Sanoa Island excursion?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendation of excursions in Punta Cana - HELP

noap,

it is not offered by the Moon Palace or the Rep,

but of course it is available for guests at the Moon Palace.

happy Hols

Mike

Galveston
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendation of excursions in Punta Cana - HELP

Hey Mike, this is Nancy....the Nancy & Ken that are booked on Sunday with you. Any ideas on excursions? See ya Sunday.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendation of excursions in Punta Cana - HELP

hi Nancy,

everything set and ready for you and Ken on sunday of course.

the individul styled tours done by my buddy PC Mike and Dave are unique, none of the other tours can compare to it.

if you are interested in a Truck Safari look on the Country Adventure Safari offered at The Punta Cana Excursions Corner, it covers the area around Macao, Uvero Alto, Nissibon, Otra Banda, Higuey etc.

that Tour is available from the Moon Palace every day except saturdays and sundays, b/c over the weekends the schools are closed and it would not be a comlete tour without a school visit.

close to your location at the Moon Palace are also the Minibuggies at the same Excursions Corner, they are run by Germans, the wolrd's best drivers, lol, a pure 2 1/2hrs driving and dirt off road tour in 2 seaters, no public road used on the Tour, but here you do not learn anything about DR or dominican countrysite life, it is just pure Fun a 15 minutes transfer from your hotel.

s'y' guys sunday morning

Mike

Galveston
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendation of excursions in Punta Cana - HELP

Hey Mike, thanks for the info and we'll see ya Sunday.

Mass
Level Contributor
104 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendation of excursions in Punta Cana - HELP

If you want the best experience and best bang for your buck--do the Fun-buggy excursion with Kurt! We were in PC last week and it was a blast, even though we were unable to go horse-back riding or visit the school due to the Torrential downpour which hit just as we were getting to the ranch and sitting down to lunch. The ranch is in the mountains and apparently they get more rain than the beaches. Kurt has a wealth of knowledge, get sense of humor and is a great tour guide. He is the owner, the one that pick everyone up at their hotels and is the tour guide. He brings along his trusty mechanice Jose and his videographer Johnny who are great! We had a few minor problems, the steering let go on one of the buggy's but Kurt just swapped his buggy and drove the broken one. Jose hangs back in his buggy in case someone stalls out or if there is a mechanical problem well prepared to fix the buggys, carrying tires, steering columns, etc. Jose would have fixed the steering problem at the ranch, however it was impossible to do in the downpour which lasted quite a while. It was a blast to drive the buggies off the beaten path and on the main roads! I highly recommend it! PC is a great vacation spot!