We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the Weather in June?

Level Contributor
87 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How's the Weather in June?

Heading back to Punta Cana, DR in June.

Just returned last Monday, 12th...lol.

How was your weather experience in June?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,486 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's the Weather in June?

I can tell you that it was hot and humid - the only rainfall came overnight and even then, it was very brief. However, statistically, June is considered a rainy month. .

Temps were in the low 90's but humid, so it felt much warmer - nights would cool down to a balmy 75 - again humid.

Hope this is of some help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How's the Weather in June?

yes,

June is a beautiful month.

hot with temps in the 90's, humidity rises during the month, early June less and towards the end we will have it all for all summer long.

rain is not an issue in June, if it rains in PC during June it is the strong but short and mostly windfree summershowers after a hot dry period, such happens once in a while all summer long, very most of that happens over night, not during the daytime.

for the Island as a whole area May and June are considered rainmonths, but in average for Punta Cana it is the opposite, we get more than double and mostly over tripple of the amount of rain during november december january february than during Mai or June or July in the PC area. the rain during May and June is more concentrated on the Bay of Samana and the Center of the Island, not for the flatlands on Sea level in PC.

if I would need to choose a time period for a calm sunny beach vacation in Punta Cana i would choose May/June/July as my prefered ones, and the additional positive is that they are not considered peak season, great deals available for that time period.

happy travels

Mike

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Samana Province
Samana Province
Dominican Republic
Carpentersville...
Level Contributor
290 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's the Weather in June?

Ahhhh, thanks Mike you just made my day. : )

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How's the Weather in June?

Thanks Mike,

We will be there at the end of June, and you just made my day as well.

jim

Huntington, West...
Level Contributor
128 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's the Weather in June?

Thanks MIke,

Late May/early June for us at the bavaro princess

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
583 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How's the Weather in June?

We were in PC at the end of June and into July a couple of years ago, and got EXACTLY the weather Mike described. Hot, humid, and brief (but heavy) showers. It was a great week.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How's the Weather in June?

if it rains during that time period it is a straight downpour, without any wind, the rain falls down straight on, if you catch such a shower during daytime it is fun to play in the water, no wind and no waves, completely calm.

Mike

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How's the Weather in June?

Bavaro Princess for us in June - can't wait

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How's the Weather in June?

me and the Mrs are at the Majestic end May for mothers day which is sunday May 30th.

happy Hols

Mike

Uttoxeter, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How's the Weather in June?

You've just made my day as well Mike ! However, sounds like you will not be able to find any big puddles for the minibuggy ride !!!

Mid June for us (Dreams PC)