We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoetry vs Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

New York City
2 posts
Save Topic
Zoetry vs Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

Hello All,

I recently booked my honeymoon for Zoetry Punta Cana at the end of May. I was very excited as we are looking for something low key and quiet, but also all inclusive. Basically we are looking to avoid stress of all kinds for our honeymoon.

I see that Zoetry has been getting some mixed reviews of late, and was wondering if it made sense to switch to Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro. The price is the same, so it is just a matter of which would provide a better experience.

We definitely are looking for something smaller and quieter, which I think Zoetry is, but if some of the reviews are correct, we'd rather be in a well run, larger hotel than a poorly run, intimate place.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Adam

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,008 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoetry vs Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

I've not been to either, and I'd be happy to go to either too. But, if it were me, I'd pick Zoetry. Just seems like a much better fit for me. No glitz, no glamour... just understated elegance. 5 star amenities and service without the pretense. From what I understand, men can even be neatly dressed in shorts and sandals for the evening meal, and not be ridiculed for lacking class.

It's really all about what you're looking for in your Caribbean vacation. For me, when I travel to the Caribbean, I want to feel like I'm in the Caribbean. If I want marble, chrome, modern... I'll go to Vegas.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoetry vs Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

Hi Adam!

Was at Zoetry in January...and LOVED my stay there! I miss it and the staff a lot. Not sure if you got to see my pics of my stay there...

travel.webshots.com/album/576501635sBPOJq

I would be happy to try and answer any specific questions you may have on Zoetry Agua.

Also they have a great "fan page" on facebook and their GM Natalia even comes on to answer sometimes. She is amazing and so is her staff.

Happy Honeymoon

and Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,897 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoetry vs Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

Does the Zoetry allow kids?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,008 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zoetry vs Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

That's a great point, Deb. But, with it being so darn small, I can't imagine it would attract many families with kids. I just read a review this morning of Tortuga Bay and some disappointed kids. Just because it's the most expensive doesn't make it the best choice.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,892 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zoetry vs Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

Can't compare with Iberostar but Zoetry is a different kind of resort. It is very small and caters to your every preference. It does allow kids but I really doubt you would see many, it is a very laid back resort. The rooms are beautiful, The beach is large and with the reef in front makes the water is smooth and clear. The food is gourmet and made to your liking. You can have dinner anywhere you like. The infinity pool is great. Everyone knows you name. If you want low keyed and quiet and pampered then Zoetry is a good choice. I loved it there in Jan. I would never say this resort is poorly run, just ask the manager for anything and it is done. Bad reviews are always around, go with the majority which rate this resort very high.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zoetry vs Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

children are allowed... But that being said...they charge full adult price for the children that come so this really LIMITS the number of children you are likely to find there.

It truly is a slice of heaven and I keem it in my heart ....as a touchstone of peace, tranquility and AHHH...when things get tough...i think AHHH...Zoetry AHHHGUA!!!

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zoetry vs Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

We were at the Iberostar Grand March 15-23. It was PERFECT. Met a number of honeymooners who loved it. Food was terrific and the beach was grand. Quiet and romantic if you want but also activities and other people.

You can't go wrong choosing the Grand.

Chicago
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zoetry vs Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

Hi thalthewall,

One of those mixed reviews is mine. I am happy to answer any questions you might have about Zoetry. One thing that does tend to get to me about these boards is that people dismiss the negatives and say the reviewer is "hard to please" or their expectations were too high. The reality, in my opinion, is that Zoetry has potential but is NOT up to par and NOT worth the price. I may get flamed for saying this, as I do know there are respected posters who legitimately like the resort, but I have seen a great number of first-time posters putting amazing reviews up for Zoetry and I have to wonder if some are fake. There were many issues while we were there. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions...or post here! I have nothing to hide. Just here to share my experiences.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zoetry vs Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

Doesn't look like the original poster asking the question has come back but in case anyone else is interested. I have been to both these resorts. I was at IGB last Feb and Zoetry this Jan. I would return to IGB in a heartbeat. We have been to over 20 all inclusives and IGB is the only one so far we would repeat. Although we had a good week at Zoetry I believe the not so good reviews because we saw some of it during our week. They were out of salmon and lamb the whole week. Not a big deal but change that to lobster and it would be. We asked our air conditioner be looked at many times and it was never fixed. Our shower did not drain properly and we had to wait quite a length between showers. AND we had kids. Zoetry has a lot of potential but I think they have to find their place. IMO they should start by being adult only. Anyways we loved IGB and if we found that resort to quiet we went and visited the others. We absolutely love the Grand. It offered everything we want or just peace and quiet when we wanted that.

10. Re: Zoetry vs Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 03:16