We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

England
6 posts
Save Topic
Weather

We are flying to punta cana next week and just looked at the long term weather which looks shocking. It is our first time out there and am beginning to worry

Anyone out there who knows better?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,871 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Actually if you read carefully it does not sound bad at all. Chance Of means just that. 20%...30%....nothing unusual there. This next day or two....indeed....a mixed bag.

Cheers from Cloudy Bavaro

PCMike

Connecticut
Level Contributor
403 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Have fun regardless of the weather. It can't be controlled, but, from what it sounds like, PC is usually beautiful!

England
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Thanks, I am sure they will be passing showers anyway, just last year we went to Florida and had 2 weeks of rain so a little apprehensive about it all.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
403 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Did you seriously have non stop rain in Florida for 2 weeks? Summertime rain in Florida is typically short lived, heavy downpours

I haven't been tp the DR yet (3 days until we head to PC) but it sounds like the showers are a lot more spread out and rarely last for hours on end.

We all worry about the weather, but truly there's enough good times to go round, rain or sunshine

have a great time

England
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

yes, last year had very heavy rain almost non stop for 2 weeks, it was not too bad as there is plenty to do inside in Florida however in DR there is not.

Hope you have a fantastic time, I am sure we all will.

Edited: 19 May 2010, 13:15
6. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2010, 06:22