We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

England World cup opener in Punta Cana

Consett
Level Contributor
146 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
England World cup opener in Punta Cana

Just been checking the FIFA website, and the first England World Cup game on 12th June against USA will kick-off at 2.30pm (Dom.Rep time). Really hope that the Riu Palace Macao will show it on a big screen, hopefully will be a cracking atmosphere!!

Looking forward to 2 weeks in Punta Cana, and the fact that the World Cup is on at the same time is the icing on the cake.

Doesn't get much better than that!!

manchester england
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: England World cup opener in Punta Cana

your so right, the best of both worlds sun,sand , booze and footy..

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: England World cup opener in Punta Cana

I do not believe that the resort itself will show it...but more likely a general audience at the Pacha disco next door. This is what occured during the last WC.

There will be many venues to take in the game...not to worry!

Cheers

PCMike

Consett
Level Contributor
146 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: England World cup opener in Punta Cana

Bit dissapointed if the resort doesn't show it, but as long as we get to see it live with an nice cool drink or two that will be great. Was in Cypress for the last World Cup and the atmosphere was unbeleiveable, hoping that Punta Cana will be just as good if not better.

Less than 2 weeks till take off!!

Cheers

Connecticut
Level Contributor
403 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: England World cup opener in Punta Cana

Hope you get to see the soccer games.

Personally, I am looking forward to a week away from sports and without my husband and I bickering over baseball - stinks to be married to a Sox fan. Yuck. Yanks are the way to go

Consett
Level Contributor
146 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: England World cup opener in Punta Cana

We don't know much about baseball here in the uk, but i would imagine that it holds a similar importance as football does for us?

My wife doesn't normally like football but she does enjoy the excitement of the World Cup especially when we are watching it whilst on holiday. I would imagine that there will be a lot of holiday makers around the world watching the World Cup, and perhaps some friendly rivalry between the english and americans in Punta Cana on 12th June when we play against each other?

The new England shirt is already in the suitcase for the occasion!!

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: England World cup opener in Punta Cana

i remeber last year, when i came to punta cana and my local team got promoted whilst i was away, as i was sat on the beach checking the football scores on my phone, and it said we got promoted i let out a cheer and everyone looked at me.. whoops. at least you will hopefully get to watch the football whilst you away. just make sure u cheer loud for england!!!! lol

have fun, and happy holidays

Consett
Level Contributor
146 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: England World cup opener in Punta Cana

Certainly will be flying the flag for England whilst on holiday, and am sure there will be plenty of others doing the same too.

Yes very much looking forward to it, and sure that when we score we'll be celebrating with even more rum!!

Will enjoy it, thanks.

Edited: 21 May 2010, 06:56
8. Re: England World cup opener in Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2010, 05:17