We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Englanders- how do you book your travel??

NH
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New Englanders- how do you book your travel??

Looking to come to PC in the spring, just wondering which is less $$$

which site do you use? Thanks!!

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Englanders- how do you book your travel??

I look at Apple and TNT to get an idea of the range. Then check other sites

such as cheap carribean,Orbitz etc.. Then I go to my Travel agent and she usually beats the price. I booked with Travel impressions this year for a May trip and saved almost $400 over the websites. My travel agent found them.

NH
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Englanders- how do you book your travel??

Thanks will check w/Travel Impressions. Have gone with TNT in the past.

They are good because they charter a non-stop from Logan. Is Apple only available to Canadians?

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,649 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Englanders- how do you book your travel??

No Apple is available out of BOS. Jet Blue does nonstop but not sure for how long. US Air just stopped doing nonstops. Also, Apple does charters. Call Doylestown Travel or email them and they discount Apple Vacation prices.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New Englanders- how do you book your travel??

I've used BJs travel and gotten good prices so long as you can book on line. The prices change sometimes minute by minute so you have to be diligent and ready to book when you see something you like.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Englanders- how do you book your travel??

I usually compare packages on different sites and usually end up booking through beachdestinations.com

They never seem to offer non stop flights out of Boston, but the service has been good and the prices are always great compared to other places I've looked

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Englanders- how do you book your travel??

I travel almost monthly after September and usually use Cheapcaribbean.com. Best prices I can find.............

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Englanders- how do you book your travel??

I usually book my hotel through Skyauctionl.com and for my air I check all the sites to determine the best price. I usually take my time booking each and see what the prices are doing day to day.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Englanders- how do you book your travel??

I've done great with Orbitz flying from Boston.

Last November I was able to get direct flights both ways with US Airways.

This early May, there were no direct flights from Boston on any airlines (it was pre Jet Blue starting) so we flew American. The flights were not terrible times, had a 2 hour lay-over in Puerto Rico.

I usually compare Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Funjet and Cheap Caribbean and have consistently had lowest pricing on Orbitz.

I know people say they get great deals on Cheap Caribbean. However, I have always found lower pricing on Orbitz or Expedia.

ATTLEBORO
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Englanders- how do you book your travel??

I check Cheap Caribbean, Fun Jet, BJ's, Vacation Outlet (and any other site I can think of. Then I call Liberty to check their price, and when I told her CC had a lower price, she matched it! I like having a real person I can talk to and even go see. I didn't even know they did that until now, so I'll probably use them more often. I have used them in the past as well, and always liked them.

Tips

Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Englanders- how do you book your travel??

The thing I've found with cheap carribbean is that the prices may be a bit lower, but often the flight times are bad. in booking this upcoming trip I checked their site and found the same week at Excellence for a bit lower price but the flight would have gotten into PC hours later and with loner layovers than what I got on beachdestinations....worth the extra money to us to get there earlier in the day and spend less time sitting around the Miami airport.

They do have good deals with good flight schedules but they go fast so you have to be lucky enough to get online at the right time and book fast.

For thso eof you who use BJ's travel site, i'm curious what you think of their prices. I looked at what was ofered through Costco and found them to generally be an average of $200.00 per person higher than what's offered on other sites.