We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on Grand Palladium Punta Cana???

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thoughts on Grand Palladium Punta Cana???

Just starting to plan our annual fall getaway (October) and came across what seems to be a decent price for the Palladium - $825.00 taxes included.

I've spent some time skimming through the revews, most seem pretty good, I always take them with ta grain of salt anyway!!!

Just thought I'd ask the experts here what your thoughts are on this resort? Likes and dislikes? Pros and Cons?

I see that it is a very large resort (comprised of section) which is not a problem we prefer the larger resorts - oh, and yes, I am aware that October is hurricane season! We prefer to travel in the off season, we have been (knock on wood) lucky so far with weather at this time.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Tigs

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,795 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on Grand Palladium Punta Cana???

Great price, I have been to the complex 7 times and obviously luv going there or else I wouldnt have gone back, for me the place is aalways the best bang for the buck, clean, well manicured, wonderful beach.

I will be doing the Ambar at the end of October because it also was a great deal and we felt it was time to see a new resort.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on Grand Palladium Punta Cana???

Thanks hlywud - it sounds like a great place. We haven;t been to PC since 2008 and are itching to get back!

Maybe you can tell me, I've been reading about pool and restaurant closures - do you know anything about that??

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts on Grand Palladium Punta Cana???

I just love the Palladiums and will be there once again Sept. 28th through Oct. 7th for the Palladium Addicts Fiesta week. This resort is such a good fit for our vacations in Punta Cana. The entire complex is so clean, the grounds are plush with tropical surroundings, the service workers are very friendly and remember you from year to year and they have the cleanest beach with soft rolling waves. Right now, there are vacation packages through Apple, with such so low prices I have never seen. There are so many restaurants, bars, pools and buffets to choose from and their food selections are tasty. The bartenders will remember your favorite drinks and make them any way you like. If you need more information, check out the Palladium Addicts website. They have all the answers to any questions about this resort. They are just a bunch of people who love this resort and share all kinds of information of their trips and help anyone who needs assistance with their travel plans.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thoughts on Grand Palladium Punta Cana???

razel1952 - thank so much for your reply!

I can read all I want in the reviews, but its noce to come on here and get info fro those I trust!

I will definately check out the website!

Thanks again!

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thoughts on Grand Palladium Punta Cana???

we will be there for the palladium addict fiesta and it will be our 5 trip to the Grand Palladium in the DR, cant wait!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,795 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thoughts on Grand Palladium Punta Cana???

El Behique and one pool is closed in the Punta Cana section for maintenance and renos during the off season, this will not affect your vacation.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Thoughts on Grand Palladium Punta Cana???

The resort seems large enough that I am sure we can find another place to swim and eat!!

nc
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thoughts on Grand Palladium Punta Cana???

Hi, Trying to decide on the Grand Palladium PC and the Grand Palladium Palace. What are the pros&cons? And will my 16&19 year old have enough to keep them busy? Thankyou!

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
826 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thoughts on Grand Palladium Punta Cana???

Palace seems closer to all the restaurants which comes in handy and it borders the adults only section.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thoughts on Grand Palladium Punta Cana???

the Palace and the PC section are right beside each other, the PC section would be closer to the bavaro side where the teen club is as well as the sports bar for snack ( we know how teens eat LOL) I believe the deluxe rooms are the same in both sections but the JS which are really loft suites in the Palace section might offer you and your spouse some privacy but the bath tub is in the living area ( there is a shower and the toilet that are private) I under stand that in the Punta cana section some of the rooms have the tub in the bathroom not in the living area.