We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farallon restaurant

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Farallon restaurant

Has anyone eaten at the Farallon restaurant in Cap Cana recently?

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Farallon restaurant

We (3 of us) ate there twice around 2 weeks ago in the evening. The first time the food was excellent, the service was top notch too - there was only one other table of 2 dining at the time. The 2nd time we went back there were several tables of diners, the meal again was excellent but the service was lacking - they have a very well trained head waiter but when he is busy his "assistant" waiters seem to struggle and the service is slow. This didn't spoil our evening at all but I can see how it would be a negative for some people.

On another previous occasion we went there during a very hot day to simply admire the view - we didn't enter the restaurant we just walked out onto the viewing area. Within a few minutes a waiter appeared with a tray of little cups filled with an exotic frozen fruit drink - good sales technique and a very nice gesture I thought.

By night or day the view from the terrace is special (it's 265 feet above sea level overlooking Cap Cana). The decor is tasteful. The food is very good. I will definitely eat there again.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Farallon restaurant

we've been a crowd last week,

service been top and so been the food,

great location up there, even if you do not plan to eat it s worth the view IMO. yep, high elevations mean high rates, ha ha, heck, Cap Cana is a top location as a whole and when products and service are adequate the rates are reasonable. will def be back.

cheers

Mike

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farallon restaurant

Thanks for the reviews. I had heard mixed things about the restaurant, but now, I think we might give it a try. Do you know about how far it is from the Punta Cana Resort? And, how much do you think a cab there and back would be?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Farallon restaurant

15 minutes from the Punta Cana Resort&Club, i would guess that costs around $25.- one way.

btw,

if you stay at the PC Res&Club, try the restaurant La Yola, it is located on poles right on the basin of the Punta Cana Marina, you get free transfer to the restaurant from your hotel, just request that at the lobby/guest services.

top restaurant, top food, top services, and the location is unique and fantastic.

cheers

Mike

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farallon restaurant

I thought it was good but a bit of a hike and on the expensive side. It is up on the bluff and while it is a nice view there is really nothing around it.

I would think a cab would be more than $25 (thinking $40) from PC Resort but I would defer to Mike. Either way--$50 roundtrip or more -- I don't think it is worth the trip!

Cheers, Lance

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Farallon restaurant

you may be right Lance,

cabby fares rise quickly whe the Cap Cana property is the destin,

like a "unlimited luxury extra tip", lol.

i would myself not drive all the way over there for a dinner, we've been a bunch of guys from the tournament, they all stayed at the Sanctuary, food by their comments been so-so, so we had one up the hills, the best we had been over at the Punta Cana Marina at La Yola, the Italian at the Cap cana Marina been good in service and food quality, even that i think they should have a bit more variation on the menue, been not so many diffrent plates available.

rates, heck, you are right, they are steep at all the spots around cap Cana and Punta Cana properties, it is a huge difference between the AI strip and the other side of vacationing.

cheers

Mike

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Farallon restaurant

Thanks, everyone ... and, Mike ... We've decided to go to La Yola during our stay .... 10 days and counting!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Farallon restaurant

As you are staying at PCResort & Club... take a hotel shuttle to Playa Blanca - another beautiful beach within the resort grounds, there is also a good restaurant/bar there. Here's some photos of Playa Blanca beach

flickr.com/photos/…

The main hotel beach is very nice but there are some others within the grounds that are even nicer (Playa Blanca being one). If you face the ocean they are to the left just past Tortuga Bay Villas. It's worth renting a bicycle or golf cart (40$US per day) to explore the grounds and beaches.

Btw the hotel shop is very expensive (5US$ for a Presidente, 20$US for a small tube of sun lotion!!) A less expensive alternative: there is a hotel shuttle that runs to the Punta Cana Galerias (shopping village) opposite the airport. There you can find a supermarket, pharmacy, several restaurants, ice cream, coffee shop etc.

Have a great vacation.

9. Re: Farallon restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 05:18