We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stomach issues and Punta Cana?

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
170 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Stomach issues and Punta Cana?

I've been reading through posts trying to decide between Playa Del Carmen (which I've been to) and Punta Cana. I have read multiple posts that talk about stomach issues experienced by people at many resorts. Does Punta Cana have a problem with its water system or food preparation or am I reading the posts from those who have sensitive stomachs?

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
ontario
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stomach issues and Punta Cana?

I have been several times, I have never gotten sick, nor has my husband. Not once.

Edited: 12 June 2010, 03:33
Ontario
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stomach issues and Punta Cana?

Same as starrygirl01 for us. The only place I have ever had an issue,

and it was only myself, and only for 1 day, was in Playacar.

For me, should have passed on the tequila in town after dinner.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stomach issues and Punta Cana?

i have stommack issues here once in a while in PC,

but a couple of days restricting myself to just 5-6 greenies and a half a dozen cuba libres instead of the usual fun brings it always back to normal.

cheers

Mike

btw,

now it's soccer world cup month,

no restrictions,

nothing will be normal

Ontario
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stomach issues and Punta Cana?

Too true Mike. Quark, for the most part it`s the same as home. It`s what we do to ourselves. Enjoy The World Cup Mike!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stomach issues and Punta Cana?

right Pines,

and we always underestimate the influence of the different climate while lying in the pure straightb down caribbean sun for hours every day on our body which is anyways simply knocked down from some flights through different flight zones, sometimes even afetr a ''good bye'' party before boarding that plane.

i would not even think about to report about a upset stommack on day 2 or 3 on vacation far away from the usual home eating and drinking different in any way compared to the usual.

it is normal, as simple as that.

and thanks god for the resorts not all tummy issues flow into a review, i guess there would be no positive reviews anywhere, ha ha

thanks,

it will be hopefully a full great soccer month

Mike

6. Re: Stomach issues and Punta Cana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2010, 12:15
ontario
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stomach issues and Punta Cana?

uh oh,,,

:)

South Florida
Level Contributor
365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Stomach issues and Punta Cana?

On our first DR visit i had a little issue because of drinking multiple glasses of the fruit juice in the mornings. It's sooooooo good. So needless to say the toilet was never far away. On subsequent trips I reduced the juice intake and every other day had a yogurt. Problem solved.

I try not to eat or drink too many things that i normally wouldn't ingest at home.

Cheers

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
881 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stomach issues and Punta Cana?

We rarely get sick in Punta Cana. We find the choices of food to be really healthful.

Lockport, New York
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Stomach issues and Punta Cana?

We have been to the RIU Taino 5 times since 2004 & have never had a stomach issue!