We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code for men at ME

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Dress code for men at ME

We are leaving on Friday for Majestic Elegance. Do all of the restaurants require long pants and closed toe shoes for men, or is it just the reservations required restaurants?

My husband doesn't mind the long pants, but we were hoping he could wear khakis with a collared shirt and some sort of sandals to dinner most nights.

Oh well, whatever the answer, we will be in paradise in two days!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,764 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code for men at ME

Their website has the answers...

majestic-resorts.com/en/…Restaurants.aspx

Restaurants

Dress Code information related for all à la carte restaurants inside Majestic Resorts : long pants, poloshirt, shirts & closed shoes, thanks for your cooperation.

- Flavours: Our main buffet restaurant offers a select variety of international dishes and show cooking areas. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Restaurant is air conditioned. Dress code applies.

- See & Sea: Beach front restaurant with impressive sea views, fresh fish and see food specialties.

- 9 Doors: Oriental restaurant offering 9 Teppan-yaki and two Sushi bars. Dress code applies.

- "Asadito" -Steak House Restaurant.: Steak House Argentinean Style. With the best imported steaks and cuts from the US and Argentina.

- Limited Gourmand: Gourmet International Cuisine, live pianist on site. Dress code applies. Adults only restaurant.

- Il Botaccio: Italian restaurant. Dress code applies.

Exclusive for the MAJESTIC ELEGANCE CLUB ( Adults Only Section):

The restaurant will remain open for Breakfast and Lunch, exclusively for guests staying at the Ocean front Beach (Adults only sections), Dress code applies.

Virginia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code for men at ME

Thanks for the info. I had read this on their website. Does this mean that the steakhouse and seafood restaurants relax the dress code a bit since they don't say dress code applies? I think I have read older posts saying that only the fancier restaurants enforce the shoe policy for men. My husband is a nice dresser, but it will be frustrating to see guys in sloppy jeans and old sneakers following the "dress code," when he would look so nice in khakis with a collared shirt and nice sandals, but not following the dress code.

Easthampton, MA
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code for men at ME

You may want to contact ME directly. I had read MC's website and it stated similarly that long pants, collared shirts, closed toe shoes were required in most restaurants. Having read conflicting info on this site I emailed Annemarie directly. Her response is as follows:

"The only restaurant that requires long trousers for men is Le Gourmet. In our official web page (majestic-resorts.com/en/…Restaurants.aspx) you will see that appears that dress code applies, but that does not necessary mean that long trousers are required. All other restaurants allow men to wear knee length shorts, collar shirt and dressy sandals."

I'm not sure who the guest service coordinator is for ME, but it might be worth an email. We are leaving a week from Saturday with a party of 14. Since 3 of these are my teenage sons, I wanted to make sure I had accurate info, since they've grown out of most of their khakis this year!!

Enjoy your trip!!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
465 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code for men at ME

We had heard it was only in the Gourmet as well but my husband was refused entry to the Italian when wearing dress shorts, polo shirt and closed shoes. He had to go back to the room and get slacks on.

Easthampton, MA
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code for men at ME

Was this recently?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
465 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code for men at ME

This was the last week in April/first week of May

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code for men at ME

Im gng in mid July if anyone of you goes prior this, can you please post some udpate on this subject??? I will hate to overpack!

glasgow
Level Contributor
587 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code for men at ME

Regardless I would not take any chances. A couple of pairs of long pants does not take up much room.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress code for men at ME

We were there the last week of May and the first week of June. Long pants are were only required for the French and Italian.

Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress code for men at ME

So we're arriving at ME on July 16th...& Im a bit concerned about this whole "dress code" thing. It says: long pants, nice shirt, closed shoes. Does that mean my hubby can wear nice jeans, with a button down & nice/clean sneakers??? Hes not much of a dresser upper. Which means if he cant wear nice jeans & sneakers, I would have to go out and buy him some slacks/khakis & dress shoes just to be able to eat at some of these resturants..