We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool at Majestic Elegance

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
9 posts
Save Topic
Pool at Majestic Elegance

So the kids are a little disappointed that the pool closes at 6:00 pm at ME--just wondering what time the pool opens? Thanks for any input!!!!! Only two more days!!! :)

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool at Majestic Elegance

I wonder why the close so early, especially in summer when it gets dark late in the evening.

Is this also for the swim up suites and Elegance Club pools???

Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool at Majestic Elegance

I hope they dont close early esp for those staying in the EC . We should have full advantage of the private pool & beach at all times. What if we wanna take a dip after dinner??

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool at Majestic Elegance

Not to be a wise a$$ but it's my nature so I'll ask, why are you entitled to use the pools at all times? Rules are rules and from what I've seen closing the pools at or around 6 is a common practice in Punta Cana. Some people say it's for insurance purposes others say for shocking and cleaning the pools. As for when they open I've seen people in them as early as 7 am.

Regardless of the pool hours I'm sure you'll all have great trips to Elegance!

-Brugal

Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool at Majestic Elegance

Ok, so since the pool closes early, does the same go for the beach??? My question is: What if we want to take a dip after dinner??? I mean this is our first time away from our kids & will be on our honeymoon, we want to take FULL advantage..

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool at Majestic Elegance

You can do whatever you want on the beach, and I do mean anything but do use discretion. The beach is patrolled at night by security but you still are sort of taking things into your own hands when there at night.

Have fun!

-Brugal

Pittsburgh...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool at Majestic Elegance

Thanks for your response...We are looking forward to a GREAT trip at ME. 7:00 am sounds good to me...we chose to upgrade to the swim-up rooms for the kids. WE CAN'T WAIT :)

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pool at Majestic Elegance

I may be wrong but I thought Kids were not allowed in the swim-up rooms for safety reasons. I hope you mean teenagers and not what I take are actual kids.

Not sure about the 7 am thing either - quite often that is when the pools are getting cleaned.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pool at Majestic Elegance

We started our day with coffee on the balcony each morning and we were right above the pool. There were people floating around on more than one occasion at that time. Not saying this is when the pools actually open but that's when we saw people starting to use them.

-Brugal

Nj
Level Contributor
821 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pool at Majestic Elegance

trust me....the sun is so strong in Punta Cana that you want to get out of the pool by 6pm, especially after a few drinks!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
863 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pool at Majestic Elegance

Keep in mind it gets dark much earlier in Punta Cana - I think the sun set time is around 7 PM right now. It seems to be common practice at most of the all inclusives I have stayed at ---to shock the pool sometime in the evening or night. I saw them shocking the pool around 6 PM at the Elegance Club--one night there were still people in and they seemed to wait until everyone cleared out.

~Angie