We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is PC becoming another Cancun ? & is Cancun quiet now?

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Is PC becoming another Cancun ? & is Cancun quiet now?

Hi there

It seems that PC is becoming more & more popular with the younger generations as their place of choice for partying.

Just been reading about Seniors in June. A group of 400 at the Barcelo Dominican Beach.

The wife & I have allready decided to avoid PC Feb through May, now it seems that June maybe a "no go" for us.

I know people have said that if you go for the higher budget end hotels you'll avoid the "partying" .But if you can't afford it . What then ?

My question is. Has Cancun become quiet now ? Are the "party people" going elsewhere?

Anyone know?

Sparky

Edited: 24 July 2010, 01:55
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is PC becoming another Cancun ? & is Cancun quiet now?

No Cancun is still a popular choice among the younger generation.

I would be very surprised if PC is becoming the new Cancun, there isn't a whole lot to offer them outside the resort. But, I could be wrong.

Seems that the economy isn't affecting alot of these kids (or their parents) that they can afford to go during spring break to PC.

ontario
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is PC becoming another Cancun ? & is Cancun quiet now?

I was at the Ambar and the PCP in Feb and March, didn't see a single kid cause I chose adults only resorts. None on the flight down, none on the bus going to the resort,,and didn't see too many solo teens at the rest of the gbp complex.

I really doubt pc is becoming like cancun. Cancun is laid out differently, more bars, shops, restaurants. More people in Cancun cause the hotels are taller and closer together, thus there's more of them in a more concentrated area.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is PC becoming another Cancun ? & is Cancun quiet now?

We were in RM/Cancun this past April, and a week before we arrived, we were told the place was crawling with spring breakers. The resorts were far from quiet. I'm glad we got there when they left. LOL

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is PC becoming another Cancun ? & is Cancun quiet now?

Guess we won't be trying Cancun for our 25th anniversary then..lol

Maybe look at Egypt. No way gonna take a chance with PC. Not for that trip anyway..

Thanks

Sparky

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is PC becoming another Cancun ? & is Cancun quiet now?

PC, Puerto Plata, Cancun, Acapulco, Montego Bay, Cuba are all student destinations. Yes, there are lots of them travelling these days and they generally stay at economy AI hotels. They don't need off resort activities. They are going to party hard at the hotel where the booze is "free". The only way to avoid them is stay at an adult only. Stay away from Barcelo, Grand Paradise and Oasis hotels. They give the best bulk group student pricing. Also on the list are Sirenis, Ocean Blue and Vik. There are a couple of others but can't remember the names. Google student vacations and you'll find the preferred hotels.

The best time to avoid the students is probably September through December.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is PC becoming another Cancun ? & is Cancun quiet now?

Look at Cat Royal Tulum for that special anniversary. You wouldn't be disappointed. No kids. ;-)

7. Re: Is PC becoming another Cancun ? & is Cancun quiet now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 08:57