We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roll Call for Grand Palladium Bavaro

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Twinsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Roll Call for Grand Palladium Bavaro

My husband and I are (35 & 40) staying at Grand Palladium Bavaro from Sept. 23-28. Anyone else? This is our first time staying at this particular resort-anything I need to know?

Thanks!

St Louis, MO
Level Contributor
194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roll Call for Grand Palladium Bavaro

My husband and I are going to the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Sept. 26 til Oct. 3rd. We will see you there for a few days. This is our first time also!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
302 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roll Call for Grand Palladium Bavaro

my bf and I (34/24) are going sept 19-26 from miami :)

Missouri
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Roll Call for Grand Palladium Bavaro

My husband and I will be there Sept 26-Oct 3 as well!!! Soooo ready to go!!!! 3rd trip to Punta Cana, but first to Grand Palladium. I hear there is also a Palladium Addict's celebration going on during that time period.

I'm just a little bit nervous about theft. Have been reading some reviews about money/clothing being stolen from their rooms. I know that can happen anywhere; just want to be a little more cautious. Do you guys keep all valuables in the safe or spread them out a little?

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roll Call for Grand Palladium Bavaro

we will be at the royal section 9/27-10/7 its our 4 trip, we are going to attend the Palladium addicts fiesta. we keep our stuff in the safe and in 4 trips have never had a problem.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roll Call for Grand Palladium Bavaro

My husband and I will be at the Palladium from Sept. 28th through Oct. 7th, also attending the Fiesta.

I have read the most recent review on the theft at the Bavaro section and knew immediately something wasn't right. I checked the profile of the writer, they have one contribution and just joined. I have a problem with the validity of this review.

Sept. will be our 5th stay at this resort in PC and haven't had any problems. Why would so many of us return year after year if theft was as prevalent as stated in some reviews? It's a beautifu resort and most people enjoy their vacations and can't wait to return.

Twinsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Roll Call for Grand Palladium Bavaro

For those of you that have been there a few times, I was wondering if u have ever stayed in just the standard room there-I was debating about trying to upgrade or not(don't know if it is worth it). What are the best restaurants in your opinion? And when we stayed at the RIU Palace, we had to get up early in the morning to make reservations. Do you need reservations there? What tours have u gone on that are worth the price? Thanks for all the info

oh
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Roll Call for Grand Palladium Bavaro

me & my husband will be there Aug.27-Sept.3 for my 50th birthday....1st time to PC & the hotel.....very excited!!!!

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
855 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roll Call for Grand Palladium Bavaro

We will be there Sept 25 - Oct 1. 2 couples and our first time to DR. We are soooo excited.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roll Call for Grand Palladium Bavaro

we spent one night in a standard room ( it had been our plan booking to book the standard as it was a really really great deal and then upgrade to the royal when we got there for the perks) they are fine, friends of ours recently stayed in a standard in the PC section and they cant wait to go back.. restaurants no reservations required ( or allowed unless you are royal, air transat or repeat guests) my fav would be the Japanese show table but you need to line up early for that one, others no waiting necessary depending on the time of year you go.. tours not usually our thing ( did way to many on our honeymoon and hardly remember the resort) but we did do PC Mikes boca de youma tour and loved it.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roll Call for Grand Palladium Bavaro

The standard rooms in the Bavaro section are very nice. When upgrading to a Jr suite, you are paying for additional space. If it is just the two of you, you will be fine, after all, how much time do you actually stay in your room? Since it is low season at the time of your stay, they may even give you a free upgrade, one never knows.

No reservations needed, but I would get to the restaurants by 6:30 if you want to be seated immediately. The Sumptori show tables, get there by 6:00-6:15, as it is quite popular. The Bavaro section has the LaCathedral, best buffet on the Palladium complex.