We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Bavaro

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Twinsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Grand Palladium Bavaro

For those of you that have been there a few times, I was wondering if u have ever stayed in just the standard room there-I was debating about trying to upgrade or not(don't know if it is worth it). What are the best restaurants in your opinion? And when we stayed at the RIU Palace, we had to get up early in the morning to make reservations. Do you need reservations there? What tours have u gone on that are worth the price? Thanks for all the info

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,795 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro

Standard rooms are fine.

No reservations necessary at the Palladium.

London, United...
Level Contributor
560 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro

Can you let me know the difference between standard and deluxe rooms. The website doesn't make it clear.

We're booked through Thomson for "promotional rooms, which are the same as standard"! Has anyone booked through them and if so do they allocate nice rooms? The hotel charges $80 extra for deluxe rooms, is it worth the extra to upgrade?

Georgian Bay ON
Level Contributor
174 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro

Hi We stayed at the Grand Palladium last year and we loved it . We booked standard rooms loft suite also thinking that we would take a cab from the airport to the resort to beat all the busses and negotiate an upgrade but it didnt happen and we got a room that faced another building with no view...so i fought for 2 days for an upgrade which we finally got Ocean front loft suite for an extra $15 each per night but was soooo worth the upgrade i was so happy after that ...our room opened up right into the beach with the ocean right there...i do remember having to make reservations for all the restaurants and they fill up fast !! The Brazil one was amazing and a must go !! There is a neat train that runs you all around the resort and there is a sports bar at the end of the resort that the train takes you to and its open all night with snacks and booze and its alot of fun..if you have any questions feel free to ask away ! I would go back thee and wish this year we had booked there as i am getting very nervous about the reviews on here about the Barcelo which is where we booked this year to go on Feb 10th.

London, United...
Level Contributor
560 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro

Thanks for your help. That's such good news. It's always a bit worrying choosing when there's always bad reviews about any hotel. I wasn't even given the choice of loft suites but we got such a cheap deal with the standard rooms I was prepared to take the chance and if necessary request an upgrade when we get there. Sounds as if the prices are reasonable.

I don't even mind the facilities as long as it's got a good bathroom and well decorated and maintained and a view of some kind! That's not good to look at a wall when you're somewhere so beautiful.

Hope you enjoy your stay at the Barcelo. It's good to have a change!

Georgian Bay ON
Level Contributor
174 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro

I just wanted to also mention that with a Loft suite the King size bed is up a flight of stairs (which is tricky after a long day and night of bahama mamas) and the bathroom is downstairs..although the suites are really nice, i would not get one again becuase of that reason...also there is a a site you can go on if you google it called " Palladium Addicts" its a blog or forum type and all people who go to the Palladium resorts and its very helpful also ;o) Enjoy your trip...i can email you some pic privately if you want to give me your email address..i cant do it on this site but i can from my home email.

Liz from Canada.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
92 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro

Like you I booked the palladium bavaro through thomson on a promotional rate. Stange how booking flights and room separately actually works out cheaper, even with taxi transfer! I'm flying off on the 6th of Jan for one week from Manchester, where are you going turkeyfan?

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
92 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro

sorry, I mean....when are you going?

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,795 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro

deluxe rooms is the lowest available class at the Palladium, definitely not an upgrade been there 7 times

Edited: 16 December 2010, 22:21
London, United...
Level Contributor
560 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro

Sounds as if the taxis in resort are cheaper that what Thomson charge too. At least they don't charge for baggage when you add the hotel!

We're not going till the 26th Jan from London so will miss you. Let me know how it goes and if you can recommend a particular room or location.

Have a wonderful time.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro

standard and deluxe rooms at the Grand Palladium Bavaro are the same and as Hylwud said the lowest class of room , they are smallish and have a small bathroom with a standard size tub/shower combo that does have jets and a pedestal style sink ( toilet of course) the Junior suites are huge and have a huge bathroom with a huge jetted tub ( probably could fit 3 or 4 people) a separate shower and a larger vanity. there are no reservation for the a la cartes unless you have booked the bavaro section as an air transat imperial class/club or are staying in the royal suites turquesa section. there are not many loft suites in the bavaro section ( only 5 buildings have these, and they are located mid resort. ) there are more of these suites in the palace section