We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling at or near Punta Cana Princess

Toronto
Level Contributor
535 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling at or near Punta Cana Princess

I like to snorkel close to shore (with a life vest). Is there any such snorkeling around PCP?

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
481 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling at or near Punta Cana Princess

There is not much to see directly in front of the PCP, but there are excursions available. It is a small quiet resort, loved it.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling at or near Punta Cana Princess

Between there not being a reef to feed the fish at that area, the water may also be too rough (at least seasonally). You can see the fun waves I dealt with at the beginning of August at travel.webshots.com/album/578403648VtHikO Waves of that size and power don't go hand in hand with snorkeling since it clouds the water too much.

Kaki

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling at or near Punta Cana Princess

Great shots!

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
481 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling at or near Punta Cana Princess

I'm guessing it was a "red" flag day.

Toronto
Level Contributor
535 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling at or near Punta Cana Princess

Wow! Loved the pictures. We are thinking of November. Water should be a little calmer then. We were once before in November and some days the water was like that and some days calm.

6. Re: Snorkeling at or near Punta Cana Princess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2011, 07:20