We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An Affordable Trip

Miami, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
An Affordable Trip

Dear Reviewers,

I'm Planning a trip to Punta Cana soon and I would love a list of affordable hotels all-inclusive that i can book for a trip for two. My problem is I will be the only one traveling to the island, (from Miami) my friend will meet me there. Can some of you gives me some advice of how to book this trip and what are my best options right now. Thank you very much

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An Affordable Trip

I think you should define "affordable" in order for anyone to be able to help you.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An Affordable Trip

Welcome to the forum: Try cheapcaribbean.com.

San Dimas, CA
Level Contributor
166 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An Affordable Trip

We are a family of 5 that just returned from Dreams Punta Cana. Dreams is a family resort so it might not work for you. We also used cheapcaribbean.com, and all went smoothly with them.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An Affordable Trip

I do the same. I go down alone and instead of paying 1.5 times as much for one, I've often taken a Dominican friend along to the resort. I've found a travel agent who brings me the best prices, by far, who I will share with you if you're interested. She's in Canada, but you can pay by credit card--as I do--and communicate by phone and e-mail--as I do--and get the same great deals, particularly if you get to pay in Canadian dollars!

She'll tell you prices in all price ranges. Sometimes I'm looking for a particular hotel, sometimes I look for 4 options in a certain price range. Let me know if you want the referral.

Kaki

kaki.ulan@sasktel.net

5. Re: An Affordable Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 08:18