We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free golf at Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Free golf at Catalonia Royal Bavaro

I know some folks are interested in golf. Just passing along a deal good until end of October. Complimentary green fees for any golfers staying at this property.

…wordpress.com/2010/…

Saint Louis...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Free golf at Catalonia Royal Bavaro

We are already booked for November, but we are interested in playing golf while we are there. Does anyone know how much it costs? I've emailed the resort, but haven't received a reply.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free golf at Catalonia Royal Bavaro

I'm not sure about this but I've read it's about $75.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free golf at Catalonia Royal Bavaro

This seems to good to be true. Is there a catch?

Arnprior
Level Contributor
731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free golf at Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Could be a catch, it may be mandatory to pay for a caddie so there is an extra cost there.

Arnprior
Level Contributor
731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free golf at Catalonia Royal Bavaro

This link may help!!

theteetimeshop.com/golf-courses/white-sands-…

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Free golf at Catalonia Royal Bavaro

the usual Green Fee at the Catalonia's Caribe Golf Course is $125.-,

but Guests of the catalonia Resort get the Discount b/c they stay also at their Hotel, so it is $75.- for their Green Fee.

aside of their Caribe Golf Cours they also have a 9 hole course right on the property which is included in some Hotel Booking Packages.

I would contact the Hotel or the Golf Course directly and ask about their Fees for Green fee, caddy, Golf cart, Club rentals etc directly, so you can't go wrong.

happy Golfing

Mike

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Free golf at Catalonia Royal Bavaro

btw,

the Golf Course at the Catalonia Ranges a few classes higher than the further above mentioned White Sands Golf Club.

white Sands did not attract many Golfers in the area during the years open, even that they offer very cheap Green Fees to Residents.

Mike

Edmonton
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Free golf at Catalonia Royal Bavaro

If you booked thru a tour operator I would check with them. I booked thru Nolitours at the Cat Royal for January. Up to Oct 31 they were offering one free round/wk but Nov 1 onward it was unlimited golf at both the 18 hole and 9 hole course. No caddies required but golf carts mandatory.

The teetimeshop site mentioned above indicates rates for a golf cart at $8US/person but I think that must be a mistake as it is too good to be true.

The site does have some good satellite pictures though. If your resort is near one of the golf courses you can zoom right in on it.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Free golf at Catalonia Royal Bavaro

no, that's not near, you are talking 2 very different Locations.

the catalonia Royal hotel with it's 2 Golfcourses is located in cabeza de Toro, just 15-20 minutes from the Airport, great Hotel, very Good Golfing.

the white Sands Cheapy Golf Club is located in Bavaro, behind the Plaza Bavaro, near hotels are the Ocean Blue, VIK, Punta Cana Princess, Tropical princess, Paradisus Punta Cana, Bavaro Princess.

most visitors of that area use for Golfing the Courses at Cocotal and the Punta Blanca Golf Course.

happy Golfing

Mike

Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
501 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Free golf at Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Just thought I would add that according to Westjet Vacations and Air Canada Vacations all bookings for the Catalonia Royal include 1 round of golf per person per day, mandatory cart extra. We are heading to a wedding there in April 2011 and it says it is included in the package for that time of year. Don't think I can manage 1 round a day, lol!