We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Need Help!

Now that I have done my research and picked the resort for this winters trip - Majestic Elegance Elegance Club - I can't stop checking reviews, posts and pics of the resort!

I need help!

I keep telling myself to take a break from it so that when it gets closer to the time to go I will have lots to read and look at but I can't help checking reviews on a daily basis.

I don't even let the bad reviews get to me - I have been through this enough to know there are going to be people who do not like a resort no matter what for whatever reason.

I have even started a info sheet on room choices to request. Outstanding staff to keep an eye out for. Food choises at the various restaurants. Little tips that people have posted!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has it this bad! The firend I travle with thinks I know the resort inside and out before we even get there. But of course he likes that I now where to go and what to see once there!

upstate NY
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help!

Sackie, you have that hopelessly incurable disease - called ME PSYCHOSIS - it literally drives you crazy! It will only get worse until you finally get there - at that time it will subside until you get home and then you will start scouring the internet for a good deal to return to ME.

I know because I have it too!

Rest assured - you will have a wonderful time - you made the right choice - ME is awesome and the Club is even better.

When are you going?

Bay Shore N.Y.
Level Contributor
336 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help!

Sackie,

You are not alone, my family and I visited Punta Cana for the past five years.

This year we didn't go because we did some work on the house and the yard. I visit this forum twice a day so I can relax thinking about Bavaro and the great times we spent there, we will not miss our vacation next year even if the house falls down. LOL

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help!

We are booked for 2 weeks Jan 17-31st.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
572 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Help!

Sackie,

I should be worried because basically you are doing things related to some aspects of my job!

I am doing exactly the same but with another point of view ;)

Today I am happy because the ME has moved to position 10. Since the 24th of August we moved from 14 to 10, great achivement.

Thanks to everyone who has reviewed us and is writing about the ME.

Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
479 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Help!

Indeed you are not alone! We aren't going until April 2011 and I am now checking this forum many times a day, reading old posts, making lists, asking questions, etc.

When we went to Mexico 2 years ago I even took my laptop and kept up with daily checks on Trip Advisor!

I call it Vacation Fever - which is only relieved by several trips a year, booking and planning seems to keep the fever in check! Hope you have a great trip!

Princeton Jct., NJ
Level Contributor
4,144 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Help!

I agree with bu-man--welcome to the ME psychosis club. Hubby and I have been four times since it opened and are going again in Nov. Before we go I prepare a list of which restaurants we're going to eat in on each night we're there. (We try to go for two weeks at a time, or as close thereto as air arrangements will allow.) Sure, we change the list when we get there, but not by as much as you would think. We enjoy preparing the list just remembering all the wonderful times we've already had there. Unfortunately, there is no therapy to cure the psychosis--except maybe going even more often. You'll have a great trip!

Boston...
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Help!

Good to know my boyfriend and I aren't the only ones on TA daily! I've made it part of my lunch break routine :)

If anything, I feel like it just makes us more and more excited for our trip!

37 more days!! I'm sure I will be on here for the next 37 days ;)

8. Re: Need Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2011, 04:17