We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Pa
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
weather

Hey,

Does anyone know of a accurate site to find out about the weather for next week 7-14

Thanks....

New York
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

I'm looking for this also...I checked weather.com and it said rain every day...but it's hard to tell whether that means it's going to rain ALL day or just a few scattered showers (which I hear is normal). I don't find weather.com to be the most accurate for non-US places though!

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Hi,

We just returned from Punta Cana and don't worry about the forecasts. I did that for the week before we left and they were so wrong! The weather was awesome - sunny and hot every day. We had rain twice in the evening - a big downpour and then it was over. It clouded over a couple of times in the day but cleared up within an hour. Have fun and don't worry!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

www.wunderground.com, like any weather site, how accurate are they? I used it just to check the temperature, not really the for the weather.

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Have you tried www.theweathernetwork.com ?

Barrie, Ont.
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Hey Maitai,

I like to look at and compare both wunderground and CNN (Punta Cana links below).

wunderground.com/global/stations/78479.html

theweathernetwork.com/weather/…DOXX0003.htm

If it rains seriously one day (which it won't ;) ), we'll have to get together in the lobby to play some cards or something.

Does anyone know how cold it gets at night? I have seen on two sights lows of both 12 degrees Celcius and 18 degrees Celcius. That's a big difference. The forecasts are showing lows in the low 70's...Unsure whether I should pack short or long sleeves/sweaters for nights...does anybody (particularly those who have travelled in January) have any input?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

You probably know your threshold better than anybody. I wear skirts all the time, never pants, but every evening I'm guaranteed to be in a sweater and still possibly chilled. I don't know what it is, maybe the difference between the sun and heat in the day and a damp coolness in the evening.

Many others are in shirts and shorts and little sundresses. But nobody can tell me that I won't need a sweater. Count on evening temps between 17 and 23.

Kaki

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

We go every Jan to PC. The weather is usually perfect. "Do not watch the weather forcasts", they are completely useless. I have know people that were there and I thought the had alot of rain because of the forcasts, they came back and said it never rained. The evenings are almost perfect. A light sweater is needed if you are walking outside or on the beach. Other than that my wife takes a light sweater and she never uses it. Last year we had 1 1/2 bad days which is very unusual. I just stayed in the pool all day and drank, didn't care if I got wet, just didn't get sun. I never look at forcasts anymore, just go and the weather will be fine. I use to worry because of the forcasts, in 8 trips probably had total of 2 bad days.Just go and have fun.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

bbgamer is right. You can't control the weather but it's fun to look at the temps and forecast before you leave. 28 degrees celius in PC looks a lot better than 11 degrees celius here in Vancouver!

I like website:

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/index-world-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&myadc=0&traveler=0&zipcode=CAC|DO|DR012|PUNTA%20CANA|

canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

Oh sure CaribbeanDreaming, that's Vancouver, try -7 in St. Anicet Quebec. You guys are so close to DR it's not funny!LOL

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather

jamaicanmecrazy: I love your moniker.

Okay, I guess I'm whining to the wrong person. However, 11 degrees with constant rain for the last month is driving me batty! 23 more sleeps for my trip to PC!