We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Bavaro - White Water Rafting

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MikeyB67
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Bavaro - White Water Rafting

Some years ago I stayed at the Iberostar Costa Dorada and took the WWR trip from there. I was looking on heading back to the DR but instead staying at the Iberostar Bavaro. I know this is a LONG way from a viable WWR site but is it possible to organise safe (i.e. through the vendors at the hotel) WWR trips from this hotel?

Thanks

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Bavaro - White Water Rafting

it is a very long way from bavaro to jarabacoa where the wwr trip begins. the year we went we actually flew into punta cana and did this excursion on our way to a very long tour of the country. i mention this because one couple who were on our rafting trip we saw at the punta cana airport as we were leaving, so i assume that they took some sort of excursion from there. if i had to guess i would say jarabacoa is around a five hour drive from the bavaro area. maybe someone more local to the area can confirm this. the rafting trip was very intoxicating, i would love to do it again myself :)

happy travels, ben

MikeyB67
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Bavaro - White Water Rafting

Thanks Ben

As I say I'm not too concerned about the drive, it's a nice way to see some of the country, just wondered more than anything whether it was actually possible!

Ta

3. Re: Iberostar Bavaro - White Water Rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2011, 06:39