We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paying to enter PC

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
paying to enter PC

I know it cost to get into PC but does it also cost to leave? I know that we paid 10.00 in 2007 to enter but nothing to leave.

If it does cost ,could you please advise the fee amounts. thanks

Arnprior
Level Contributor
731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paying to enter PC

Depends on if it is covered in your package or not. Ours was last year. If not, I believe it is 20.00 US Cash only.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paying to enter PC

It's still a 10 dollar entry tax and nothing on leaving. I didn't see anyone being charged on leaving.

Edited: 12 October 2010, 15:30
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paying to enter PC

great thanks for the information!! 4 more sleeps!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paying to enter PC

13 more days for us.............

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
987 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paying to enter PC

Hi,

$20 to leave which is paid when you check in at the airport, in a lot of packages this is included so it all depends on who you are travelling with, its not that you dont have to pay it youv already paid it in your package price so you need to check if its already included in your package.

Enjoy......................

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,916 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: paying to enter PC

mrsbods - I've yet to hear of a flight back into the US that doesn't already have the departure tax included in the airfare. Seems random for those traveling to/from Canada and GB or the "continent". But, for US travelers, the fee is included.

To clarify, EVERYONE pays the departure tax. It's just that for some, it's a cash payment at time of departure, and for others, it's included in their airfare or travel package. Don't want anyone to think that some PC visitors are getting away with not paying. Everyone pays, just in different ways.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paying to enter PC

I guess our departure tax has always been included and I just didn't realize it....here I was thinking they let it go because they liked us so much :-)

Edited: 12 October 2010, 17:05
Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: paying to enter PC

Departure tax is usally included in your ticket price - If you check the fee part of your ticket I bet you will see a departure tax. Our departure on Continental is $20 and is included in the fare.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: paying to enter PC

For Canadians, please also check your package. Sunquest pays the entry and departure fees. Sunwing does not. We had to give $10.00 each when we arrived and $20.00 each when we departed.

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: paying to enter PC

We are flying with Westjet next month does anyone know if the taxes are prepaid with them?