We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

would you book expedia canada instead of a pre packaged?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
Level Contributor
646 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
would you book expedia canada instead of a pre packaged?

quick question i always book prepacked vacations, came across a funny thing today, if i book a prepackaged vacation with westjet vacations for jan 29 for 7 nights for majestic colonial it is $1585 per person, if i book a build your own it comes to $1347 including transport to and back with the same westjet flights, i would not have access to the westjet reps in punta cana and not be part of the group, but does that really matter?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: would you book expedia canada instead of a pre packaged?

Go for it. The Westjet rep is not needed. We never even met our rep when we went last year to Cat Royal.

montreal
Level Contributor
646 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: would you book expedia canada instead of a pre packaged?

i have never met the reps either and the deal seems good,nothing else that i am missing?

Havre St. Pierre...
Level Contributor
739 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: would you book expedia canada instead of a pre packaged?

Just check for airport transfers, they may not be included...

I looked with Expedia for our Feb 2011 trip, and Bookit.com was a lot less.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: would you book expedia canada instead of a pre packaged?

We always use expedia ' book it together' (West Jet) - the pricing is always less expensive - great deals offered!

We don't feel the need for a rep, you would have to decide that for yourself.

I will add that once I'm ready to book - I call and talk through the booking with an agent over the phone - they are extremely pleasant to deal with !

Not a problem to date! Good Luck!

Sheryl

montreal
Level Contributor
646 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: would you book expedia canada instead of a pre packaged?

yes transfers were included, and we never use the reps either

Havre St. Pierre...
Level Contributor
739 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: would you book expedia canada instead of a pre packaged?

Well then, I would do it! And, the rep...they are just not what we need...

7. Re: would you book expedia canada instead of a pre packaged?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2011, 13:25
upstate NY
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: would you book expedia canada instead of a pre packaged?

if you should need a rep for some reason - Expedia has a station set up in the Majestic Elegance Lobby - I assume they probably have one at the colonial too. If not then they are only a phone call away - I believe their cust service lines are open 24 hours

montreal
Level Contributor
646 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: would you book expedia canada instead of a pre packaged?

good to know, now the toss up the majestic or iberostar punta cana, but thats another topic lol

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,525 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: would you book expedia canada instead of a pre packaged?

For our trip this January we booked separate. We have always booked a prepackaged deal in the past but we saved $600 each by not booking the pre-packaged deal. I wish I had known earlier how much cheaper it was to do things this way. You may not have a rep included but it's not needed and most of the time you can never find the rep if you need them anyway......