We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort for a solo trip?

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort for a solo trip?

I have never been to Punta Cana but countless times to Cuba. I want something different and would enjoy a resort a bit more elegant...

But, as I look around for some resorts, they all seem for romantic getaways or couples only.

Will I be bored? I am used to travelling alone. Which resort would be best?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort for a solo trip?

I went to Punta Cana Princess alone. It's not elegant by any stretch, but it's adults-only which is nice. Yes, it was predominantly couples, but there were other solo travelers there as well aside from me, and the couples were generally not young honeymooners, so there wasn't that over-the-top romance mood about the place. It's very laid back, small, friendly.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort for a solo trip?

right Poozie,

a solo traveller will always find others down here.

check the Punta Cana Princess, the Palladium resort, Iberostar Bavaro and the Majestics.

you will not get bored at any of them

Level Contributor
155 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort for a solo trip?

The Palladium resort is great for a solo because it is so big, you can have quite the variety of things to do, places to hang out. All the lobbies have evening entertainment and there are still the animation shows at night, plus the disco, the sports bar, I could go on and on. I liked it so much there last summer, going there again for Christmas break this year.

4. Re: Which resort for a solo trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 06:17