We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach for 1 week stay!!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach for 1 week stay!!

I am starting my research, switched from Mexico( one family afraid of drug wars) and they all want to come here.

I would love a very wide, white sandy beach with a balony overlooking the water. We are beach people and spend all our time in the water, walking in the sand and sitting on the beach!!

Any ideas on resort.? All adult not necessary and moderate priced. Beach drink service a plus. Less than 1 hr from airport a plus too! Thanks!

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach for 1 week stay!!

I would recommend a resort on the stretch of the Bavaro Beach. It's absolutely beautiful and the best beach I have ever seen; one of the main reasons I return to Punta Cana

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro Beach
Bavaro Beach
17,073 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach for 1 week stay!!

by far not the whole Bavaro Beach Strip would suite the requests,

you have to look from the NH Real Arena Southwards on the Map, all Prize Ranges available there.

NH Royal Beach

Paradisus Palma Real

Dreams Palm Beach

Catalonia Bavaro or Royal

Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana

happy choosing

Mike

Mentioned in this post
Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts
Sanctuary Cap Cana by...
5,137 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Bavaro Beach
Bavaro Beach
17,073 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach for 1 week stay!!

the royal suites turquesa by Palladium is on that stretch of beach, its adults only and has drink service on the beach

USA
Level Contributor
373 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach for 1 week stay!!

Mike, what do you think of the beaches at Ocean Blue & Gran Bahia Bavaro? Was originally leaning towards NH Real Arena but some good deals came up and I also like the other 2 resorts. We are traveling as all adults, like a nice sandy beach (whiter sand/clear water), pools w/ swim-ups, decent food. Thought I'd ask you because you seem to know your stuff since you are there --- lucky dog!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Blue & Sand
Ocean Blue & Sand
13,788 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach for 1 week stay!!

we returned on oct 23rd from a week stay at dreams palm beach and it was amazing. beach ,white powder sand , clear , food exellente! Great pools and only 20 minutes from the airport. We did upgrade to the preferred side before we left. it was our second time to Punta Cana and will return. Have been to playa del carmen, mexico 4 times(riu palace mexico) and aruba 4 times. have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beach for 1 week stay!!

no Suckie,

the palladium Turquesa is def NOT Located on the perfect part of the Bavaro Beach, it is located at Cortecito Beach and during all winter long during Tidal changes anything but Calm.

the real bavaro Beach Bay with the white powder sand and supercalm always swimable waters starts on the Map at Los Corales Beach and goes from there Southwards, Palladium is a couple Miles North from there and provides very different conditions.

Ocean Blue asked above, Nice Beach north of Cortecito, does not feel overcrowded there, they have enough space and loungers for their number of guests,

the bahia Principe is a Large Monster Resort with countless Guests at a Time, by far Not My Taste.

the above mentioned NH Real Arena, NH Royal Beach and Dreams Palm Beach are a Class above in case of Beaches easily.

Happy Travels

Mike

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Blue & Sand
Ocean Blue & Sand
13,788 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Dreams Palm Beach Punta...
11,162 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Bavaro Beach
Bavaro Beach
17,073 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Toronto
Level Contributor
992 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beach for 1 week stay!!

It's actually hard to find a hotel with balconies directly on the beach, as it is common in Cancun. Most, if not all, hotels are built behind the wall of palm trees that runs along the length of the beach in Punta Cana.

I have walked the beach all the way from the Barcelos to the Majestics, and I haven't seen any hotel with balconies directly overlooking the water, but only a few buildings away from the water with balconies on the high floors that let you see the water from afar.

That said, the best beach area, as someone already said, is the one known as Bavaro Beach.

Specifically, the best section of Bavaro Beach, with "a very wide, white sandy beach" as you want, runs from the Princess hotels to Ocean Sands and Ocean Blue. Further southeast from the Princess hotels or further northwest from the Oceans the sand has a steep drop that makes it less comfortable to walk along the shore as you like to do.

I can send you a few pictures of that section if you give me an email address through a private message.

FYI, the beach at Excellence PC is the worst in all of Punta Cana. We stayed there on our first trip to PC and, being huge beach fans ourselves, lived to regret it. The hotel is awesome, but the sand is light brown, the water is dark green and there are constant unswimmable huge waves. I can send you pictures from there too if you want to compare.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Blue & Sand
Ocean Blue & Sand
13,788 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Bavaro Beach
Bavaro Beach
17,073 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
USA
Level Contributor
373 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beach for 1 week stay!!

Thank you so much for clearing up the beach question for me. So next question is resort wise would you choose NH Real Arena or Ocean Blue?

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Blue & Sand
Ocean Blue & Sand
13,788 Reviews
Dominican Republic
New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beach for 1 week stay!!

notop explains it perfectly ... there is no better beach (IMO) than the Bavaro area ....

Out of your two choices, I'd go with Ocean Blue ...

Here's a link for more info .....

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k24691…

Happy Choosing!

Peace

Lea

Edited: 05 November 2010, 11:39
Mentioned in this post
Ocean Blue & Sand
Ocean Blue & Sand
13,788 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best beach for 1 week stay!!

Here's a link to maps of Punta Cana's different areas, locating the resorts.

http://puntacanatv.com/maps