We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Grand Palladium

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
499 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Grand Palladium

Just returned from another fab trip to Grand Palladium. Questions??

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Grand Palladium

Welcome home.

We returned 10/7 and I'm already dying to go back. LOL

Did you happen to see how far they are with the construction of the Royal lobby and Gourmet restaurant?

Chelem, Mexico
Level Contributor
903 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Grand Palladium

Hi, what section did you stay in? Is the Palace beach restaurant still under construction? Any good wine?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
499 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Grand Palladium

Aa far as I understand, the construction of Palace beach restaurant and Royal lobby was in full swing. Heavy equipment, cement trucks, etc, etc. Did not look like finishing phase....(But, again, I am not a pro to make those evaluations :))

Did not try wine- not a wine person. But wifey said that it was not bad at all (she drank white wne)

Chelem, Mexico
Level Contributor
903 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Grand Palladium

Thanks marlonsams, glad to hear you had a fab time:-]

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Grand Palladium

Hi

I just won (bought for $1,005.) a $2,500. Apple vacations voucher at a charity auction. We lhave been to Punta Cana about 7 times now, and have only stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro and Dominicana.

Iberostar is not available with this voucher, but the Palladium Hotels are.

I've checked out the Hotels on the Apple website, and it seems that they are similar to Iberostar in that there are 3 different sections with different price ranges. Can you give me some info and suggestions.

We like being close to the beach.

Thanks

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Grand Palladium

the Palace and the Punta Cana sections have the most rooms that are close to the beach, the Palace has the most rooms with sea views as the punta cana buildings are perpendicular to the beach, the phase one or older section of the royal suites turqesa also has rooms close to the beach.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Grand Palladium

Great. Thanks

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Grand Palladium

I've been to both resorts, IB and Palladium. You will enjoy the Palladium as much as the IB. I love the GP Bavaro section, but if you want a suite on the beach, you will be quite a distance from the lobby and restaurants. We don't mind the distance, but some guests find it cumbersome. The Bavaro section has a certain charm about it, set in the most beautiful tropical setting. Plush greenery and many many tall swaying palms. I just love it there.

Congratulations on the charity auction win and enjoy yourself at the Palladium.

9. Re: Back from Grand Palladium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2011, 07:36