We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My New Fave Complaint

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
My New Fave Complaint

For the longest time, my favorite review complaint was the one where the woman said that the maid did not change the bed sheets and that she could tell because she was eating potato chips in bed, wiping her hands on the sheet and saw the next day that the grease stain was still on the sheet.

I thought nothing could top that one....until today.

I read a recent review of Excellence in which someone complained that between the hours of 4pm and 6pm "there were no appetizers or any kind of nosh available."

Ok, a huge breakfast buffet is served until around 10am.

At 11am you can start getting lunch either from an a la cart or beach grill, until 4. At around 6, restaurants start up the dinner service.

Are you seriously going to complain that for two hours during the day there was no food available?

This now becomes tied for first place for my favorite, most original stupid complaint.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My New Fave Complaint

Orion, I don't think you're being fair. How can you swipe your greasy hands on the sheets between 4 p.m and 6 p.m. if there isn't food available?

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My New Fave Complaint

Hey, the Hollywood princess needs to eat ya know. Heaven help if they can't be pampered every single minute while on vacation.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My New Fave Complaint

Needsavacation: I guess I never thought to look at it that way :-)

Edited: 29 October 2010, 17:25
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My New Fave Complaint

What if you like to sleep in until 4PM and then get up and eat. You are out of luck!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My New Fave Complaint

Unless I'm mistaken I thought they had 24 hour room service available at Excellence?

-Brugal

Edited: 29 October 2010, 17:31
Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My New Fave Complaint

Yes, they do have 24 hour room service.....but they hated the food anyway....so even more reason to wonder how they can complain about having to go two hours without it

I guess since they missed all the review comments about rough water and distance from the airport, it's easy to miss the fact that room service was available for those two hours when they were starving to death.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My New Fave Complaint

Orion, I’m not sure if the Excellence is an adults only but when traveling with kids having food available virtually all day long is an absolute must, particularly from 4-6pm. Squirreling away lunch food in a napkin isn’t my idea of vacation. In fact most/all resorts start their dinners much too late IMHO, not to mention the shows. @home our kids hit the sack between 7-7:30, makes it tuff!

Most children are grazers and must snack between major meals otherwise they turn into the kids people hate while on vacation. :o)

Again if Excellence is AO then its mostly non issue.

j.

PS the chip thing was funny...

Edited: 29 October 2010, 17:46
Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My New Fave Complaint

I don't know anything about kids and why those two hours would be crucial food hours for them, but Excellence is adults only....so this is two adults who are whining about no food for two hours.

I have a vision of these two people laying on the walkways of the resort, too weak to make it back to their room, begging passersby for a crust of bread, a single potato chip or a piece of abc gum.....just a morsel to get them thorugh to the next hour.

british columbia...
Level Contributor
140 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My New Fave Complaint

Orion, let me start by saying you are one of my favorites on this forum. Your sense of humor is great. I know which review you are referring to and they rated the resort very low but didn't really give any detailed reasons why they rated it so low. I also noticed that was their first post ever on Trip advisor which tells me they did not do their research. I have been to Excellence in 2007 and we are returning in December and I never had a problem "surviving" from 4-6 pm without food. I guess they were far to weak to pick up the phone for room service as well. I love your description of the them crawling on the path begging for food. Maybe they should have stashed some potato chips in their bed for this time frame.

Hevymud

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: My New Fave Complaint

Orion,

I'd chaulk this up to "this person would have found something to complain about no matter what". (reminds me of my mother)

Have to admit, the greasy chip hands is still my fave.

Cheers,

Jay