We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need your help! looking for the best resort for the followin

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
285 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Need your help! looking for the best resort for the followin

Hi there, I would love your fellow travellers help. I'm looking for the best resort that suits our needs, I can't seem to get answers in reviews, and emailing hotels. I am looking for a 4-5 star hotel that is clean, has decent food., and has some nightlife. A big must is nonsmoking areas. Since I'm allergic, and my hubby does smoke I need a nonsmoking room, restaurants nonsmoking. Would prefer to have a disco with no smoking (if closed in ) or open air. He is a very considerate smoker who only smokes outside and away from others, he doesnt mind a strict policy.

I have friends getting married at the ocean blue, looking for somewhere not that far away since we decided not to stay at that resort. If you can help me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated...gracias

Connecticut
Level Contributor
403 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need your help! looking for the best resort for the followin

Have you looked into any of the Iberostars? That complex looks to be just to the left of Ocean Sands

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

Peterborough
Level Contributor
95 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need your help! looking for the best resort for the followin

Punta Cana Princess comes to mind. It is close to Ocean Blue, adult only, decent food. You may have trouble with the non smoking issue. DR allows smoking everywhere. althopugh most hotels have non smoking rooms. You will enjoy the adult only perk if you plan on spending time at the Ocean Blue.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need your help! looking for the best resort for the followin

I was going to suggest the Caribe Club Princess because of the nightlife issue. But it is true that that PCP would be suitable also. It is 2 doors (technically three) away from the Ocean Blue. It is adults only, good bang for the buck but it is ultra quiet. The thing that will save you is the fact that you can use all services and facilities at the next door Caribe Princess. the Caribe is more lively. Both the resorts offer a non smoking area of the open aired buffet, but not exclusive.

Another resort that is very decent and in the same area are the Palladiums. I suggest the Palace or the Punta Cana sections as they are less deep and the chances of getting placed at the way back is minimal. The Palladium would be about a 15$ cab ride maybe a bit less, 10 min max. to Ocean blue. A 40 min beach walk.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need your help! looking for the best resort for the followin

sounds like an open air buffet would best suit you--there are tables for 2 at the perimiter of the IB Bavaro buffet where you could also watch the ducks and not be right beside other tables-food in the buffet is Very good

and it's very close to Ocean resort from the beach

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
285 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need your help! looking for the best resort for the followin

Thanks for all your replies... I actually have been watching the Princess resorts as well as the Grand Bahia Principe resorts. Thanks for mentioning the Iberostar, I think I will look more into that hotel... We love to mingle with the locals and get out and dance alot.. so a good nightlife with good latin / reggaeton is a must.. Thanks for your help :) :)

6. Re: Need your help! looking for the best resort for the followin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2011, 06:51