We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction by Iberostar PC? May be Palladium this time?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Construction by Iberostar PC? May be Palladium this time?

I red in one of the current reviews about construction by one of the sides of the complex (some new hotel?). Can somebody confirm? In this case it will be NO to Iberostar this time. I'm also thinking about one of the Palladiums. I've been in Iberostars twice there and never in Palladium. I prefer smaller hotel when all rooms close to the beach with nice beach bar/beachside grill. I like nice beach (prefer calmer water). I like reviews of the Palladium Bavaro and I know it's bigger resort. But I like an idea to exprerience other part of the beach in Punta Cana... If you would me what you will choose and why?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction by Iberostar PC? May be Palladium this time?

Palladium is very large. The beach is a bit better than the Iberostar's but not by much. The main difference will be in the decent to the water and decent in the water itself, the distance to the reef is also a bit different. The Palladium has more of a gradual entry into the water than the Iberostar.

If you like smaller resorts then the Palladium Bavaro section is not and I repeat not for you.

If you like what the Palladium has to offer, then I suggest the Punta Cana or the Palace section. They are smaller sections, your room will be close to the beach end of the resort. There are chances that if you choose the bavaro section you can have a room near the

back of the hotel.

You can also choose the PCP where it might resemble the Iberostrar in looks. It is adults only but you have the livelier atmosphere of the caribe and tropical Princess next door as the PCP is a bit more laid back and small.

Majestic might also suit your tastes also.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction by Iberostar PC? May be Palladium this time?

Thanks, dropusaline! PCP is one of the resorts I definately want to go in the future. I don't see good deals for PCP now and it's one of the considerations for me in choosing resorts. There are GREAT deal for Tropical Princess now but I'd like something more upscale. I will always go to Iberostar because it never disappointed me. And I've been in a few in PC and Mexico. But I need to know if there is really construction is going on nearby now. I don't want construction noises on myacation, I like it to be quite... Will take a look on other sections of Palladium you had suggetsed. Thanks!

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction by Iberostar PC? May be Palladium this time?

when are you planning on going? I ask because currently there is construction at the Palladium............it should be finished soon that said they really do keep it quite we rarely head any construction noise that was bothersome

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction by Iberostar PC? May be Palladium this time?

I'm looking on second week of December. By what side of Palladium is there construction?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction by Iberostar PC? May be Palladium this time?

Looking on a map. In what sequence are hotels on a beach? Which one is nearest to El Cortecito area? How Palace is located? in the middle? I saw maps but there is no description...

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction by Iberostar PC? May be Palladium this time?

Facing the hotel from the beach the order is Bavaro, Punta Cana, Palace, Royal Suites. El Cortecito to the left of the Royal Suites. I think the construction is at the Royal Suites (the adult only section).

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction by Iberostar PC? May be Palladium this time?

Thanks!

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Construction by Iberostar PC? May be Palladium this time?

Palladium construction

Bavaro section....sports bar is relocated to the oriental restaurant as the sports bar is getting a new floor............date for completion is to be the end of Nov, ATM is unavailable untill sports bar reopens

Palace section, beach restaurant was closed when we were there in early Oct looks like a major reno

royal section. lobby and royal gourmet was supposed to be done end of oct but pic from the other day of the royal gourmet show no where near done, I dont know about the lobby but I imagine the same............all that said the lobby is in a temp location and is really very nice and modern ( its a few steps more but not many) and the royal gourmet is in temp location as well so the service and quality of the meals remains.

the construction is really non evasive on ones vacation............they really seem to have mastered how to not make noise that will disturb guests ( I guess that is their business and since they have to get work done at some point they have figured it out)

personally i would think they should be done by the 2nd week of Dec as the resorts will be starting to fill up with Christmas guests and the work will def be done before the Christmas rush

9. Re: Construction by Iberostar PC? May be Palladium this time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2011, 06:16