We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local cuisine in El Concieto for a family of four.

Whitehorse, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Local cuisine in El Concieto for a family of four.

I'm loooking for a good ,local restaurant for my family of 4 ... what would you recommend ?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Local cuisine in El Concieto for a family of four.

I guess You meant El Cortecito.

good real local Restaurant, not available in that Area,

the present restaurants there in the middle of the largest Tourist strip on the Caribbean Islands are gathering towards Visitors and offer different Cuisine, Dominican Cuisine is not the Norm there.

they offer mostly Seafood, there's a Place with German Food and You find a Steakhouse, the Asian restaurant Balicana at Los Corales is very Good.

Happy Travels

Mike

spain
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Local cuisine in El Concieto for a family of four.

Let me know if you find some good places. Gathering info, might open up some day in p.c.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local cuisine in El Concieto for a family of four.

In Cortecito, Palma sands had some tasty stuff at decent prices.

not in Cortecito, Jelly Fish seafood restaurant gets nods (never been).

Go on PC Mikes Dominican adventure tour to Boca de Yuma, where he takes you to the most fabulous restaurant with a million dollar view. The seafood platter looked fantastic and I am still kicking myself in the butt for not ordering it. Large enough to share. Ok it is a bit expensive for a lunch but you get so much more....

http://puntacanamike.webs.com/tours.htm

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Local cuisine in El Concieto for a family of four.

This map shows most of the restaurant locations in Cortecito

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

For typical Dominican food, best at lunchtimes: Comedor Expresso Cortecito, La Yagua (opposite Plaza Bavaro), Comedor Comoma (Av. Espana).

Whitehorse, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Local cuisine in El Concieto for a family of four.

thanks.... for the information .. where would you suggest finding local cuisine.. and can ou recommend any good markets/grocery stores in the area ?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Local cuisine in El Concieto for a family of four.

There is a grocery store in El Cortecito, is it the best and the biggest, no. but what kind of stuff are you looking for, and are the savings going to be large enough to make it worth your while getting somewhere else?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Local cuisine in El Concieto for a family of four.

right,

it depends what you are looking for.

El Cortecito is a 100% Touristy Area, so the offers in the small available markets and their rates are calculated accordingly to that.

whatbis your purpose for the need, as do you plan to rent a Condo for s week or 2, or do you plan to live permanently in the Area, do you plan to have a Car or not, etc etc.

Mike

8. Re: Local cuisine in El Concieto for a family of four.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2011, 07:16