We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadians - Cancel for any reason insurance - where to buy?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Canadians - Cancel for any reason insurance - where to buy?

Hi, I am aware of a lot of insurance companies that offer "cancel for any reason" travel policies for Americans - but having a difficult time finding the same type of coverage for Canadians - that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Does anybody know of any insurance company that offers this type of policy for Canadians?

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,577 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadians - Cancel for any reason insurance - where to buy?

i know if you book your trip with sunwing , they offer this policy at a very reasonable price,,, other then that im not sure,,,

Ontario
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadians - Cancel for any reason insurance - where to buy?

With Sunwing they call it "Worry free" and they have different levels. You may want to read all the terms and conditions as here is an interesting part that may matter to you:

"Inside 20 days of departure - 100% of total price (including taxes) refunded in Sunwing Vacations Travel Certificates less cost of waiver."

Here's a link: http://www.sunwing.ca/WorryFree.asp

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,577 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadians - Cancel for any reason insurance - where to buy?

i have read that,, seems better then alot of alternatives,, which is receive nothing,,

imho

Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
479 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadians - Cancel for any reason insurance - where to buy?

We booked our trip through entertainment.com (same as orbitz) and the cancel for any reason travel insurance was either 45 per person or 54 per person can't remember which right now, very cheap if you ask me.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canadians - Cancel for any reason insurance - where to buy?

Marlin Travel offers it -- if you book with Air Transat you can get 75% back plus 25% credit vouchers. Other carriers (not sure which ones) offer just the 75% back. You have to cancel at least two weeks prior to travel.

Edited: 25 November 2010, 03:54
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canadians - Cancel for any reason insurance - where to buy?

I believe Cheapcaribbean.com and Bookit.com (both American) offer this insurance and it is valid for Canadians. I don't know where you live, but from my experiences if you're able to fly out of an airport in the US or book with someone other than a Canadian tour operator (Transat, Sunquest, Nolitours, etc...) more often than not, it's quite a bit cheaper especially since the Canadian dollar is doing so well.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
134 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canadians - Cancel for any reason insurance - where to buy?

I got mine through RBC Royal Bank...but the travel agents always offer it too....just ask....we had complete coverage for everything, including baggage, and it was a very reasonable price.

Toronto
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Canadians - Cancel for any reason insurance - where to buy?

If you book DIRECTLY with westjet - you can cancel for any reason up to a few hours before your flight & they will give you a credit which you can use within 1 year from the date you cancel... You do not have to pay for this.

Edited: 29 November 2010, 09:39
9. Re: Canadians - Cancel for any reason insurance - where to buy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2011, 05:16