We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tropical princess with sunwing

ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
tropical princess with sunwing

Has anyone stayed at Tropical Princess and booked through Sunwing. I know they have their own block of rooms and am wondering what they are like and where they are compared to the beach. thanks

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tropical princess with sunwing

I haven't looked into exactly they are, if you booked tropical princess it is either the villas or the Lirio building. In any case, the resort is set up that all room blocks are at the beach end of the resort, separated by the pools. The restaurants, most activities are also at the beach end of the resort. It is fairly compact without being a large or a small resort. the layout is its best feature.

ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tropical princess with sunwing

dropusaline or anyone, Have you stayed at this resort? If so what is your opinion of it and are the rooms nice as in cleaned and maintained. Any other positives besides the layout. Taking my

mom so hoping she will like it.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,198 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tropical princess with sunwing

did Caribe Princess with sunwing, worst rooms in the resort

never again with them

Edited: 07 December 2010, 23:19
saint john new...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tropical princess with sunwing

we stayed at caribe club princess with sunwing last feb loved our room.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tropical princess with sunwing

Was at the Caribe Princess in January with Sunwing, loved the room and service provided. If you book Tropical you can use the Caribe also.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
153 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tropical princess with sunwing

Booked room only with Sunwing with Tropical Princess last August and then again this October. Was upgrade to Caribe Club Princess as a return guest. Tropical Princess room was fine, no problems and the Caribe room was newly renovated, so really good. For me, both times, I never enjoyed the evening buffet, but for the price, I would stay there again.

Susan

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: tropical princess with sunwing

~ The thing about rooms is that they are not set in stone.....

Yes, sunwing has contracted for a specific block and you might or might not end up there... sometimes you will get better or worse... thats a fact.. nothing is ever definite.... and IMO, rooms are meant to be negotiated ... if you dont like your room and it doesnt suit your needs let someone know, respectfully, of course... most times you will be switch, with no issue...

Peace

Lea

8. Re: tropical princess with sunwing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 06:17