We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it cold in Punta Cana now?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Is it cold in Punta Cana now?

I'm in Turks and Caicos now and will be in Punta Cana next week. It is pretty cool here - water is in a cool side , raining, temperature is in low 20C... I know it is freezing in Florida now. How is water/air temp in Punta Cana? Colder then usual in December? Are there big waves?

Ontario
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it cold in Punta Cana now?

What cold in Punta Cana....hope not, going in January. Anything will be warmer than it has felt here lately!

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it cold in Punta Cana now?

The front that moved through the east which is leaving ontario will shift so NO more stong north winds.

This front went all the way down south so all should be good.

Well good down south but bloody freezing here at the lake!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it cold in Punta Cana now?

Mid 80's last week

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it cold in Punta Cana now?

Today was in the mid 20's....25c at 7:30am and up to 28 by mid day. I was on the road between PUJ and Santo Domingo. Got back to La Romana to watch the baseball game and as I was just about to purchase my tickets, the skies opened up thus a rain-out. Dave reported to me today that there was a significant rainfall in the east causing some streams and small rivers to overflow their banks.

As temps go...perhaps 2 degrees lower than normal over the past 2 days.

Cheers

PCMike

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it cold in Punta Cana now?

HOla ..just got home on Tuesday and Punta Cana weather was beautiful. A couple of nights could use a sweater..eighties for sure.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it cold in Punta Cana now?

It is -4 celcius here in Whitby, pretty cold, I would take anything in the 20's right now. Consider yourself lucky. Put on a sweater, and love it, cause NJ will be cold as well when you return. Just my opinion. Lucky for you, you have lovely palm trees and it will be a sunny warm day tomorrow.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it cold in Punta Cana now?

we spent today from around 11:30AM til 4PM in Higuey,

that City been flooded, it rained torrentally the whole way there, while there, and the whole way back til a few miles before reaching veron.

down in veron the Street been almost dry, looked like it didn't rain while we've been out of town.

we had in Cabeza de Toro/on the Beach Area some shorter rains on and off this morning, last night it rained a lot.

Once at home around 5PM it started to rain down full powers, lasted several hours, dry since maybe 90 minutes now.

it is a Vaguada hanging over Us, not unusual for early winter, and then again for late winter when spring starts, almost Zero Wind, Calm ocean, the lil Breeze comes over from the Southern side, but Rain in full drops.

such usually lasts maybe 2 Days and Nights as max, often after 24-36hrs it is over quickly.

Temps would be o.k. if the clothing would not be wet after 2 minutes walking from the Car to a shopping place where you enter WET a airconditioned surroundings, lol.

right now we are Calm and dry here at my Place,

but not sure if it's over that quick,

tomorrow we will see what's up.

Mike

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it cold in Punta Cana now?

I hope you mean Florida, NY.... lol

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it cold in Punta Cana now?

looks like the Vaguada passed extraordinarily quick,

Tody we are Sunny and Dry, low Breeze, beautiful ocean,

perfect for a Sunny Beach Weekend

Mike

10. Re: Is it cold in Punta Cana now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2011, 05:19