We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Suites Turquesa Palladium

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Suites Turquesa Palladium

ANY info on this property would be appreciated. Want to be close to the amminities, restaurants,beach, pool....do NOT want a swim-up suite. Are all the suites the same? In the old section and New section? Is all the Royal Suites....adults only - New & Old part? Someone said that bldgs. #50 to 52 would be ideal. R they right?? Any help and/or info would be appreciated. Thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
823 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa Palladium

Hi!! I got married at this complex and stayed at the royal suite so I can help a little bit.

The older section is closer to the beach (much closer) and do not have swim up suites. Also close to the pool and lobby bar. If I am not mistaken 50-52 sounds like the older ones.

This side has a gourmet resto with buffet and menu (for breakfest,lunch and dinner) They also just open a french resto for just the royal guest.

This section is adults only. It was very very quiet. And when we were looking for a party we'd just head to any of the other 3 resorts (which include 7-8 a la carts and 3 other buffets)

Hope this helps. Any more question PM me! :)

We`re actually returning here again (not the royal this time around) but def looking forward to it. I never use to go to the same resort twice. This place change that!!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa Palladium

the Palladium Resort is a good mid class property,

but it is Large, so for many amenities you would use a Tram to come around

Happy travels

Mike

red deer
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa Palladium

My main concers were: Don't wanbt to be where it is toooooo quiet (boreing/dead) But kinda like the 'adults only' ...'cause u don't get all the little ones peeeing in the pool......but would like to be near the amminities, rest., beach,. pool etc. and some fun.........don't mind the pool games etc. (I'm a young senior) R U familiar with the buildings ? 50 to 52 I think is in the older part, but still adult only........but not New....but closer to everything...I sem to think someone said that the Newer part is farther away.......and Do Not want the swim-up suites....perfer the 2nd & 3rd floors for the view and maybe a bit quieter at nights. (That has been my experience in other resorts throughout Mx. & other places.)ANY HELPFULL HINTS FROM ANYONE WILL BE APPRECIATED regarding the above info. Thanks Loads.......HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa Palladium

Staying at the RST offers you the adult only option with its' added perks. Since the complex, with its' three sister resorts nearby, you can go where the action is on those days you are looking for some fun. Lots of restaurants to choose from and the beach is simply beautiful

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa Palladium

since you want 2nd or 3rd floor for the view and quite sleeping I would recommend building 50 1st as it is perpendicular to the ocean and the 3rd floor rooms have a great view if they are on the beach end of the building ( note though that there are no elevators) or building 50 which runs parallel to the beach but back further ( buildings 50 51 and 52 form a u like in a u shaped kitchen. ) while I have stayed in 52 and had no issues there is now a disco that is very close to the beach end of building 52 and some on the higher floors have complained about the noise at night. the suites are not the same in the new section and the older section ( only about 5 yrs old or less) the older section has JS and honeymoon suites and 1 presidential suite. the new section has Deluxe JS which are very similar in layout to the JS in the older section, both have an open concept bathroom but in the new section its a bit more private. the new section also has deluxe suite, romance suites and honeymoon villas/cabana suites. The decor is more modern in the new section................the resort is planning on updating the linens in the rest of the resort inc the RST old section but they are starting at the other end of the resort and I am not sure when they will get to the old section of the RST. the new section is not far away, adds a couple of min only but the view is not as nice as the old section ( nothing at all wrong with the view just no ocean views ) many say it is very quite but we have never had a problem finding fun people to hang out with in all our 6 trips to the RSt and have never felt the need to leave that section for excitement LOL

red deer
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa Palladium

Thanks sooo much. Sooo, the Newer section is a bit (a bit) farther from the activities and restaurants....AND has NO ocean views at All??? But they are newer, and more private bath rooms, and decor (linens) am I right?? If I have this info all correct, then what numbers would they be, or do you know? I really appreciate your help and our travel agent is going to make the request for us when we pay our last payment. (We r there for a month) Any added info would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Montreal
Level Contributor
823 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa Palladium

newer are not the jr suties all have open concept bathrooms. The rooms with the closed bathroom are the delux suite and up.

The new section has no view of the ocean but nice view of the pool and stuff.Not much of a difference if ur going to other sections of the resort for walking distance to resto's.

This is the perfect place for wanted 'adult only' time but still want a party, as u just go to the other sections or to the disco!

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa Palladium

while both the royal JS and the deluxe JS have open concept bathrooms the deluxe js is more private because the mirror over the vanity blocks the view of the bed

here is the royal js in the old section and you can see the shower and toilet doors from the bed

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSCF2972.jpg

the deluxe js you cannot see the toilet and shower doors from the bed

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSCF1566.jpg

just remember to take your towel the first time as the towel bar is on the other side of the divider LOL

the linens are newer in the new section but the resort is in the process of updating the linens in the rest of the resort and have reportedly done the Bavaro section and it got great reviews, they are moving towards the old section of the rst but will do the palace and the PC section before the old rst as it would be the newest of the 3 remaining areas to be updated. in MHO the only thing the new section is farther from is the beach, its either the same distance or closer to the restaurant the royal gourmet, building # would depend on what you booked. there are JS in all of the buildings in the new section except 59 series buildings ( so 53,54,55,56,57,58,) again if you want a quite 2nd or third floor I would not pick 53 or 54 as some have complained of noise from the disco in el Corcetto

Chelem, Mexico
Level Contributor
903 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa Palladium

Thanks for the pic's sukie, awesome info.

red deer
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa Palladium

Thanks for the awsome pics....you've been most helpfull. That is the jucz. but the shower is behind that....isn;t there doors to the shower? and the toilet is out in the open? Wierd.

I'm still thinking of bldg. # 52 - THAT IS THE OLDER SECTION- Am I right?

I still would like to be closer to the pool, beach, rest. and some action....as if you're at the pool area, you don't want to have to walk for 15 mions. to get back to your room for some reason. Soooo, is that a good suggestion? Is the linnes that old in the older section? Maybe they'll be replaced whan we get there? LOL Do you have a pic of the complete Ju suites in that section....? There is a sittling area, balcony, and Ocean view in that are, am I right? Geeee Thanks loads 4 your help and info!!!! RD