We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the deal with Steve's Bar?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
What's the deal with Steve's Bar?

I have read so many things about Steve's Bar that I must make a stop there while in Punta Cana. What is the allure of the place? Also, how far is it from Catalonia Royal? Thankx

Arnprior
Level Contributor
731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the deal with Steve's Bar?

Here is a link to a map of Punta Cana.

Punta Cana Map 4 - Cortecito will give you an idea where Steves Bar is.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the deal with Steve's Bar?

its on a busy corner great place to have a beer and check out the locals and escape from the resort for a for a while,,

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the deal with Steve's Bar?

Both Mike's Usually have a Meet and Greet every Wednesday at Steve's bar around 2:00pm. Good way to meet the Mike's and other T.A. people.

London, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the deal with Steve's Bar?

But you have to pay taxi fares both ways,then pay for beer?,which you have already paid for In your AI package.

To me a waste of time and extra expense when you can meet & greet others from maybe plenty of diff Country's on the resort you are staying at and have a good time getting to know each other and diff cultures etc,also you meet plenty of local folk who work there at your resort.

I'm not missing any of my AI to go to some back street bar,no offence meant,but IMO not worth dragging myself/ourselves from our/your AI deal!!,wherever you are staying at.

Arnprior
Level Contributor
731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the deal with Steve's Bar?

Sorry, forgot the link earlier........

http://puntacanatv.com/maps

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the deal with Steve's Bar?

Littlerichard...

I understand your point about the extra expense of leaving the resort pay for drinks when its included in your package but since are already traveling a long distance...its nice to get out and see what the "real" D.R. is like. We had a great time at Steves in March. If you are into people watching and a little excitement...worth it!!

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the deal with Steve's Bar?

Some AI's only serve draft beer, so going to Steve's for an hour or 2 it's nice to have a bottle of Presidente. Of course meeting old friends is an added bonus as well.

Yorkton, Canada
Level Contributor
802 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the deal with Steve's Bar?

so whats the distance from the Palace Palladium ..it looks fairly handy ;)..i love gettin off the resorts that where all my greatest experiences have taken place !!!

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the deal with Steve's Bar?

BandBway only old friends no young ones???

I thought people watching was good there. :)

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the deal with Steve's Bar?

Hi there

Catalonia to Steves is a Taxi ride..Palladium is walkable..

Steve's is not really suited for kids. It's on a busy corner open to the street so you'd have to watch them like a "hawk"...

Little Richard.. Well it might be extra expense,, But waste of time it's not.

Happy Hols

Sparky