We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally

Hamilton
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Finally

Booked for Jan 29. Can only get away for 1 week this time, but one week is better than not going at all. I am hoping this time, to finally get to Steve's. Can you walk to it on the beach from Riu Bambu?

Anna

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally

No it's too long of a walk. About 20 minute cab ride.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally

no you cant get to it by walking on the beach as you would have to go through a resort you are not a guest at to get to it.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally

Thanks, that is what I was afraid of. I am sure the other girls I am with won't want to go. I was hoping to go for a walk on my own and drop by.

BobNH, I guess I am just going to miss you guys....unless of course you are back in PC before Feb 5. LMAO

Anna

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally

You never know......................

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally

You only have to go through the beach part of the resort, i would not think this would be a problem...can any one comment on this?

Hamilton
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally

anyone???

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally

no, completely wrong.

Steves is not located anywhere near the Beachside.

You would need to cross the Occidental Grand Flamenco Hotel from down on the Beach to up on their Maingate on the Road, and then walk on that road til you reach the Plaza.

the Hotel will not allow you to use an other area aside of the first 60 meters from the waterline, which are of course Public Beach all around.

from the Riu Bambu you need a 10 Minutes cabby ride, sosts around 12-15 bucks each way.

Mike

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally

You would definitely want to take a taxi from the riu resorts to the infamous Steves Corner Bar - walking from the Riu - no way -

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Hamilton
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally

Thanks guys. I am def. going to try to talk the others into taking a cab to Steves. I just got to see this place and meet some of the TA contributors, but I'm not sure I am comfortable taking a cab by myself to get there. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Anna

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally

right now,

a typical sat early afternoon in Town,

I am sitting here at Steve's,

Punta Cana Mike is sitting across of me, aside Him on one side Tequilla Tom and on His other Side Dominican Dave, enjoying some weekend cold ones, german sausages, watching Sports on 3 screens.

Happy Weekend everyone

Mike