We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not really a PC question, but.......

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
432 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Not really a PC question, but.......

Because of my wife's job, she needs to plan in advance to get the time off in February, so she annouced to me that she would like to celebrate my 50th (birthday falls in Feb.) somewhere south. I assume she meant she was taking me along. I was quite suprised since my 50th isn't until next....uh...about 10 years away.

Regardless, I want to be somewhere really warm in Feb, so Bermuda is out. We usually spend about $3000.00 for our southern trips, but for this occasion, we will spend $5000-6000.

Many seasoned travellers on this forum. Other than the DR, any suggestions?

ontario
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not really a PC question, but.......

I love that you want to start planning for next,,um,,10 years from now now! And yay! you have a great wife~

I've always wanted to go to the Turks and Caicos. If it were me,,thats where I'd research first!

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not really a PC question, but.......

Do a 10 day crusie and see a few of the islands

murillo
Level Contributor
5,872 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not really a PC question, but.......

do more than 7 days, we've tried 2 weeks but it felt too long, 10 days last year was great, this year 12 days.In an AO that is, about the 12th day at the same resort we get antzy to leave.Your first day at the resort plane lag kicks in and you get to your resort later. Your last day you just want to get to the airport.That only leaves 5 days and the last year in the Carribean the weather hasn't been as warm as normal, nor this year.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Not really a PC question, but.......

he he,

Hey,

why to try to plan a Vacation from 15 Years ago??

K., noy My Business, lol.

btw, the around 50's are the Best, so keep it up with Pride.

the above recommended Turks are a good spot.

most of the caribbean is still in the Wintercoat in Feb.

on Your shown Budget check also a nice B-Day Villa at Tortuga Bay in PC, something not to leave out of the Top List.

Happy B-Day

Mike

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
432 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not really a PC question, but.......

Thanks for the suggestions so far..... researching........

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not really a PC question, but.......

Try Grenada or Costa Rica.

Welland Ont
Level Contributor
405 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not really a PC question, but.......

St Lucia, Sandals Grand would be a different experience and is in that price range for one of the upper service level rooms.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not really a PC question, but.......

I travel a lot...................I just returned from the Dreams Riviera Cancun in the Mayan Riviera. I put it #1 for the best resort I have ever stayed at and the best food at an all - Inclusive. For fantastic Ocean/Pool views from the room make sure you reserve the "Premiere" class room where you check in seperate from other travelers and get the use of their private club with wonderful appertisers and top shelf licquor.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not really a PC question, but.......

Dreams is a nice resort and up there but no where near the best you can stay at for the type of money you want to spend. try looking at the Secrets resorts or the Excellence series of resorts. they are Adults only and at least a full star better than Dreams.

Edited: 09 January 2011, 13:34
Kingston On
Level Contributor
270 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Not really a PC question, but.......

What you should do is go somewhere each year for the next ten to find the location you like best. We would like to do Turks but next year is Grandkids to Disney and then of to Portugal. My dream trip planed for three years from now is an on/off Med cruise. aprox $15,000