We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Pants AND Shoes at PCP ?

Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Long Pants AND Shoes at PCP ?

Going to the PCP on Jan 18 - I know I need long pants for the ala cart restaurants, but do I need to bring shoes too ? I was planning on wearing my good sandals ? This is our second trip there, and I don't remember needing shoes on the first trip !

Whitby
Level Contributor
835 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Pants AND Shoes at PCP ?

Hey Ogdenguy - we arrive on the 17th....see you on the beach or at the pool bar - I'll be wearing my Canadian baseball cap. My hubby always packs one pair of loafers just in case, but he has worn his sandals with no problems. The resort is small enough that if you need to change, its no big deal. See you at the PCP.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,892 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Pants AND Shoes at PCP ?

Men do need to wear long pants, and closed toe shoes. There is no need to take a chance by not bringing them.

Women, well hate to say it, but the rules are way different - no beach wear.

Capris, dress shorts, skirts, or summer dresses are fine.

Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Pants AND Shoes at PCP ?

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the bounce back - Sounds like you've been there before. We were at the PCP in 2007 and had a great time. I just couldn't remember the shoes thing. I can't wait to get back down there and only hope that it is as good as it was last time. Hope to do a cocktail with you and your husband. BTW - is Whitby near Toronto ? We are flying out of Rochester, NY. - Gene (Ogdenguy)

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Rochester
Rochester
Finger Lakes, NY
Whitby
Level Contributor
835 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Pants AND Shoes at PCP ?

Dropusaline is right, definately bring closed toe shoes - after dinner you can change to your sandals. Hubby had no problems one night with sandals but you never know.

We were there last January and loved it, met a lot of great people. This is the only resort we have ever returned to!

I am sure we will meet up for cocktails - on the beach until mid afternoon, at the pool until time to change for dinner, go for dinner, head to the lobby bar, then to Mare Nostrum, off to bed and then do the same thing the next day!!!

Very stressful - LOL

Yes, Whitby is just east of Toronto - we fly out of TO at 6:20 am on the 17th.

See you at the PCP.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
5. Re: Long Pants AND Shoes at PCP ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 05:28