We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Real vs. Punta Cana vs. Melia Caribe

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clearwater
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus Real vs. Punta Cana vs. Melia Caribe

I can't find any postings on these issues, can anyone give me input please. Thank all you savy travellers for your help.

Hi, since you are an expert I would like ot ask you a few questions if you have time. OK so here we go:

1. Food quality at each;

2. Room auality at each;

3. to do or not to do that is the question Royale Service;

4. Quality of Alcohol;

5. Staff Friendliness/English Language

Thank you.

Calgary
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Real vs. Punta Cana vs. Melia Caribe

TheQClearwater

Well i can only speak of the Melia, The food is great as is the variety to choose from.

Have stayed in Royal and Non Royal Service, Depending on the extra cost, Royal would be my choice everytime. Still had a great experience even when i did not go the Royal Service route. As for the liquor selection when in Royal Service the liquor selection also increases ( Top Shelf Brands) The rooms are very clean the staff does a great job maintaining them. I have only stayed in the Junior Suites so cannot speak about the other rooms.

Finally my preference to this resort is based on the Freindliness and great attitude of the staff at this resort. The front line staff all speak good english ( Check in, Reservations, Bars Ect). The Cleaning staff's english is minimal but they do try and i have never had a problem getting my requests understood ( not that there has been many) Bottom line if you treat people with respect ( and try to speak a little Spanish) you will have no problems

Hope this helps you with at least one of the resorts.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Real vs. Punta Cana vs. Melia Caribe

Dear Calgary: I think your assessment is correct, as I see fabulous consistent reviews of Melia and next time I will try it. Happy travelling. Returning to PC on 2/5-11, Palma Real. Thank you.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus Real vs. Punta Cana vs. Melia Caribe

Calgary is spot on and I to can only speak for the Melia as we leave this coming Friday for our 2nd trip Yeah. We stayed in the 1 bedroom Master Suite-Royal Service and have already requested the same room for this trip. Everything about the resort is great. Don't listen to the bad reviews as the problems I've read are just not true.

Room service was great especially in the mornings sitting on the balcony having breakfast. Our butler was the best. Every request was granted and in a very timely manner. I even left my laptop out on the desk everyday without hesitation.

Hope this helps.

5 days until the Red-eye flight to paradise.

Calgary
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Real vs. Punta Cana vs. Melia Caribe

TheQclearwater

I know you will both have great time in the DR, I think the Palma Real is right beside the Melia, actually if i have it right i beleive that it is a step up from the Melia in terms of luxery ect. Would love to hear your thoughts and experience when you get back, If this is the same place i am thinking of you get a round of golf each day of your visit, at the same course that i get 4 free rounds per week. Sweet.

Joken07

We have been in a deep freeze this last week and i wish i was heading out right this very moment. Let me know if your second expoerience was as good as your first. I think you get a tree planted with your name on it for your 3rd visit, at least that is what i was told the last time i was there 2 years ago, something to strive for as a part of you will be there permanently . LOL

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus Real vs. Punta Cana vs. Melia Caribe

Will defintely will let you know. If it's anything like the first trip, this will become a yearly thing. Since I was there last, we went to Mexico 3 times and Jamaica. So you see, it's already winning out as this trip is for the big 50 for me. We again are going fishing with Mike. Last time we did 2 fishing trips this time just one as we want to rest and have other things already planned (meet & greet) etc.

As for the Palma Real, yes its right in front of the resort. You can have them drive you in a golf cart but we walk as it is so close.

Hope this helps.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus Real vs. Punta Cana vs. Melia Caribe

Can only speak of the Melia Royal Service - which was amazing!!! Fantastic food, service, luxurious accomodations (we had a one bedroom suite). Big difference between going RS or not.....RS pampers you....drink service at pool and beach (vs help yourself with non RS), hassle free reservation system, GABI restaurant for RS clients is amazing!!!!! We just loved it.

The Paradisus Palma Real is right next door - practically touching.....for us out of Toronto, the PPR is just way too expensive....50% more (Melia RS for 4 $8000, PPR is $12,000) and I just can justify spending $12,000 for a one week's vacation in the DR !!!! So, my opinion, is that if you are comparing these two, then possibly where you are, the prices must be close....and if that is the case, I personally would be VERY tempted to go to the PPR....just a thought.....HOWEVER, that said, I think there are less restaurant varieties and some other things that you may or may not be thrilled about...so just make sure you do your research.

I honestly, however, don't think you can compare the NON RS Melia with either Paradisus properties....for a more accurate comparison I think you MUST include Royal Service.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradisus Real vs. Punta Cana vs. Melia Caribe

Great help. Glad it was enjoyable. My girlfriend bought a timeshare at PPR after having been to Melia. So she loved Melia, but after being at PPR unless she were with a large crowd she would prefer PPR.

8. Re: Paradisus Real vs. Punta Cana vs. Melia Caribe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 06:21