We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do most go "topless" in Punta Cana?

Chelem, Mexico
Level Contributor
903 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Do most go "topless" in Punta Cana?

OK, I''ve got this awesome hat I love to wear on vacation. ;-}

It's an Air Flow Tilley, olive brown with a string for the front and back. I 've worn it on boats, on Monster Trucks, paresailling, etc. It floats and it is washable.

Anybody else with a fav hat or cap? Or do most go topless?

Gary

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do most go "topless" in Punta Cana?

No hat for me...I like the sun on my head

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do most go "topless" in Punta Cana?

My wife goes topless sometimes.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do most go "topless" in Punta Cana?

Had me going with the Topic...................Topless.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,077 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do most go "topless" in Punta Cana?

I definitely wear a cap. My scalp gets sunburned really bad I have a full head of hair, too), and the visor helps to keep some sun off my face (I'm not into the leathery wrinkled look). Depending on the season and my mood, it's either a cotton one with one of my two favorite sports teams' logos, or a super lightweight, quick dry nylon one.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
307 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do most go "topless" in Punta Cana?

ok, when I first looked at the topic I wondered- hmmm. Is this something I need to be more open-minded about? I figured whatever floats your boat. Then I read more and realized the q was about your head! LOL

Perth, Canada
Level Contributor
390 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do most go "topless" in Punta Cana?

Mostly topless unless I'm on the beach or by the pool. I have a beautiful straw hat I wear and my husband laughs.

Missy Jane

Berrien Springs...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do most go "topless" in Punta Cana?

Now that my mind is out of the gutter, topless just enough to get some color. Then covered up to keep from burning my exposed hairline and my nose. Sure is hot to have to wear a lid tho.

Mich Rob

Chelem, Mexico
Level Contributor
903 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do most go "topless" in Punta Cana?

Thanks for the replies.lol. Minnesota, sorry about the "bait and switch" title. I thought I'd lighten things up on the forum and talk about hats, win-win. Gary

Minnesota
Level Contributor
307 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do most go "topless" in Punta Cana?

Much appreciated. As it is SNOWING here again and a balmy 9F degrees, a hat is the order of the day here. I lost count of the days till PC- it's over 45 for sure.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do most go "topless" in Punta Cana?

I almost always have my Tilley hat on......actually I have 2 of them, one hemp and the other raffia.........not hot to wear at all, and great for hiding messy hair LOL