We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trouble in paradise ????? IBG

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trouble in paradise ????? IBG

First time I have seen reviews like this? I have been to the resort before so I know and LOVE it. Not sure what to make of the negitve feedback. All three involve getting sick. When we went the food was great, and I never saw food sitting out for long.

One of the reveiws says that the Top shelf was being replace with cheap stuff but put in the same bottle??? I find that really hard to believe. I am not saying its never happened but this resort has a great reputation for a reason. I dont see them pulling this off to save coin.

O well I love all the Iberostar resorts on Bavaro Beach I hate to hear bad news on any of them.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: trouble in paradise ????? IBG

the #1 Rated Hotel receives 3 bad reviews in a row mentioning similar Troubles, that should be reason for a Property to look after that.

2 mention Flies at the Buffet, Food sitting out too long, so maybe a Supervisor at the Buffet should open His eyes and get the Place back to order.

it can be sometimes One Spot/One Person in charge to be the reason for a lil trouble at one single spot/section, and a otherwise fantastic place starts to receive negative Feedback.

the Grand is The Grand,

Guests Pay Top Rates to stay there,

so rightfully Customers await it to be perfect, specially with Food Handling.

Happy Travels

Mike

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: trouble in paradise ????? IBG

It is a fantastic resort must have been a bad week? We had not one bit of trouble here. Or for that mattter at any of the Iberostar resorts here in PC.

US
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: trouble in paradise ????? IBG

Bit of a concern for us as well. I've been telling my wife what a great resort it is and we're going next week!

I'd say that a couple bad ones here/there are expected, but like Mike said, I too think that the Hotel mgt should take heed to these neg reviews and fix the problem, otherwise they could quickly snowball into a much bigger problem.

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trouble in paradise ????? IBG

DRS28 we fly down on the 27th and will keep the reviews in mind.

Is it possible that over doing it is the problem?

Having cruised for the last few years and watching people carry plates that are over flowing to get their monies worth I just wonder.

Either way I will keep it top of mind.

Bubbas are sanitized so all is good.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trouble in paradise ????? IBG

I saw those reviews too and wondered the same thing.

US
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: trouble in paradise ????? IBG

We'll be down there on the 20th so I'll keep a keen eye. I fully realize that there are a lot of people that are just very hard to please and my wife and we're not one of them. I wonder about those getting sick though??

Anyway, I'm sure the mgt watches these reviews. But we'll see soon enough!

White Lake, Michigan
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trouble in paradise ????? IBG

Just go and have a great time! You are the only one to make your happiness!

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trouble in paradise ????? IBG

Not to say that it is not possible that those people could get sick from the resort food...but you have to understand that people are on a plane, flying in close proximity with no fresh air to speak of and staying at a resort with a large buffet with people using the same tongs, as well as people touching food, taking a taste and touching the bread, etc. We all have seen it. It is a good idea to bring disinfectant hand wipes to the table with you and wipe your hands (after using the tongs) before you pick any food up to put in your mouth.

I am a bit of a germiphobe but always manage to stay well. It's definitely worth it.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: trouble in paradise ????? IBG

even that "overdulging" is very often the "real" reason for complaining on Food and drinks as a resort, as also too much Sun, taking Malaria Meds, eating from the beginning too mucg fresh powerful fruits etc etc,

reading the above mentioned Reviews I do not suspect such to be the case there, even that I of course just "suspect", I don't know as I have not been there when the Reviewing Guests been there.

but They did not the Hotel as a whole, they had also each many/even most positive to say, they liked the Location and Services/Staff etc etc, but had the stated issues mostly with the Buffet Restaurant to complain about.

hopefully such been addressed by the Resort anyways and solved by Now, such reviews sometimes take a while to show up, so If there had been a issue as mentioned, it most likely will already be solved.

I know the Iberostar Chain/Property here in Punta Cana since 16 Years now, I never had any not even small Issue, Iberostar is very well known for their over Decades constant Top Services.

I would personally not hesitate any second to stay at any of the 4 Iberostar Hotels in Punta Cana, I would even Trust their Reputation and Visit any other Iberostar Resort someplace Else without any Fear.

at every big Business with Thousands of Customers per Week there can something come up/give a reason for a comlaint etc, they way the Issues are addressed and handled when occuring are the Measuring Point for well run Properties such as Iberostar here in Punta Cana.

IMHO Punta Cana does not have many Properties/Chains run since a long Time on such constant Top Service Level as Iberostar.

Have a Pleasant Stay on the Isle

Mike

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: trouble in paradise ????? IBG

Mike you are a mind reader. I normally don't pay attention to reviews that just generally bash everything no matter what resort it is. These however did have a common theam. Sound like something needs to be tweaked at the buffet. I know this brand well and assure you they are built on taking care of the guest. Anyone who has booked I would not be concerned. This resort is a perfect place for vacation.