We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent review of ME

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Recent review of ME

I was shocked when I read the review of theft and inappropriately stored and served food.

Anyone else read this and what are your thoughts?

rhode island
Level Contributor
246 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent review of ME

as i will be there next sat i check out everything i can about which resort im going to. i found it rather odd that this couple says they have travelled 2plus times per year for the last 10 years to all inclusive resorts yet this is the FIRST TIME EVER using trip advisor? yeah right ssssuuuurrrreeee!! steve

Edited: 24 January 2011, 01:36
Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent review of ME

I will arrive on Wed!!!!!

I am not too concerned about that review, it might very well be 100% true but overall the other reviews seem pretty good to me. Or I am reading with rose colored glasses since I am going this week. LOL

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent review of ME

I guess You mean that review written by WYLDEROCKER24 ,

that's a simple Joke, not worth to think about it, I know by own experience that many of it's shown "negative Points" are simply Not True.

not about No Service without Tipping, most Resort Guests don't, neither about no english spoken, because I rarely met others than Roommaid or Gardener who could not have had a conversation in english.

and then the 2nd of the 3 not very positive Reviews, it states exactly:

"""I had a good Time but I would not recommend this Resort""", POINT>

what does that mean???

You had a good Time so You would not recommend it to have it all to your own on the next visit???

and number 3:

"""be warned, this resort is large, luckily we've stayed at the Club which is closest to the Beach"""

lololo,

a slow pace stroll from the Beach to the Mainlobby, the farthest way You could walk at the small Majestic Elegance Hotel, takes 5-7 walking minutes, and You really need to walk extra slow to waste 7 minutes on that farest possible walk, so I personally would never take any Info provided by such Customer take as any serious.

they received til today around 3000 reviews, 52 of them been negative, that makes a less than 2% negative, or on the other side, a over 98% positive.

such great Feedback is sure not any reason to reconsider my own booking for May 14th for a Week, not worth to think about it.

Happy Travels

Mike

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent review of ME

Everyone is entitled to interpret the reviews as they see fit so here's my take. Generally if someone doesn't have ONE nice thing to say about a resort they are either incredibly hard to please or have an ulterior motive for posting the review. More than likely they felt slighted somehow at the resort, maybe didn't get a free upgrade or specific room request wasn't granted so they decided to trash the resort.

Everything they complained about and I mean everything goes against everything I know about Elegance. If you start seeing multiple reviews stating the same issues then I'd start taking notice. A one time fly by from a brand new reviewer posting with such anger means nothing to me.

-Brugal

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent review of ME

Hey Mike, I guess we think alike!

-Brugal

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Recent review of ME

that may be a reason why we will visit there together, again, he he.

Hugs to Your Girls

Mike

Terrace Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
633 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recent review of ME

I just read that review and i feel like smacking that person, FLUENT english ?? I sure hope that reviewer isnt Canadian LOL LOL

Cindy :)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Recent review of ME

Cindy,

it has nothing to do if such Visitor is Canadian or US American or British or German or whatsoever, You will find everywhere Guests with completely wrong Expectations on one side and Incapable of dealing with even the slightest Difference to their Used from Home things on the other side.

Mike

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recent review of ME

we just returned....I can tell you from my personal observation, the following quote from that review is inaccurate:

"Paid the money to be up;grades to the CLUB which was a total waste, you can go anywhere you please, nobody bothers to stop the guests who did not pay the upgrade fee"

We witnessed several times where the bartenders/staff politely informed visitors without the club bracelet they could not be served at this bar or be in the club area; the beach security guy asked non-members to leave the "club" beach as well. Some people just are not aware, which is expected.

We met one, maybe two, couples who voiced displeasure about the resort; remember you cannot make fair comparison to Iberostar Grand when you are not paying the "Grand's" price!

p.s. My review should be up soon...I posted a lot of photos too.

Merrimack NH
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Recent review of ME

I totally agree with everyone. You just cannot please everyone. I was actually a little nervous when I first read this as we are going in April, but I tend to question whether they had their luggage locked or not. I have been reading nothing but great reviews and will not let this one get to me now - thanks Mike and Brugal - as usual you both put things in perspective for me.