We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you have to do if your getting married?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgian Bay ON
Level Contributor
174 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What do you have to do if your getting married?

Hi. Does anyone know what you need in paper work to get married at any resorts on the Bavaro Beach strip. I am from Canada and just wanting to get some paper work in place for next year. I am divorced 10 years so do you have to bring that decree with your paper work also ? Also do you know how it works if your marriage cert is in Spanish do you have to get it done again when you come home ?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you have to do if your getting married?

As you have had no replies yet you might find this link to Debbies Dominican Travel/Weddings helpful to you.

www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/wedding2.html

Angie.

Ottawa , Ontario
Level Contributor
418 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you have to do if your getting married?

Hey shastalc,

We got married in PC last Feb. Follow the link Angelina has provided and you will have everything you need taken care of.

Msg me if you need any extra info.

D

Georgian Bay ON
Level Contributor
174 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do you have to do if your getting married?

Awe thanks so much ladies..i am sure its not important info to any of the guys on here to comment on since we in general do all the work and organizing (wink) and they show up and put the ring on...hahaha..just kidding gents i love you all !!!!!!

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do you have to do if your getting married?

I will jump in from the men on this forum.

" Tell him he is very lucky"

Enjoy!

Kingston On
Level Contributor
270 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do you have to do if your getting married?

From what my sister in law found out she had to have the divorce decree in Spanish not english. Good luck regardles.

6. Re: What do you have to do if your getting married?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 14:16