We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia - how far are the resorts from one another?

Staten Island, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Gran Bahia - how far are the resorts from one another?

We've never been to the DR but we just booked a trip to the Gran Bahia Bavaro for mid-May with some friends.

We are traveling as a small group of 4 (all in our early 30s) and we made the mistake of not booking a room at the Ambar (no kids). We were thinking of calling to change the reservation, but now we're concerned (after looking at things a little more closely) that the Ambar doesn't have as many restaurants on site and that by staying there, we may be further from late-night activity and more of a variety (in terms of food choices). Can anyone share any feedback?

Also, are the resorts walkable from one to another?

It's hard to tell from the maps.

Many thanks in advance!

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
413 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia - how far are the resorts from one another?

As an Ambar guest you have access to all of the Restaurants in the entire GBP complex ( all 4 resorts). But, it does not worse vice versa...

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
4,283 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia - how far are the resorts from one another?

It is all one resort just different sections for Punta Cana, Bavaro, Ambar etc

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia - how far are the resorts from one another?

From the Ambar lobby it is about a 6-7 minute walk to the Bavaro or Punta Cana lobbies. I would definitely change to the Ambar if you can...just my opinion!

I also do walkabouts during the afternoon (while hubby naps) and it takes me about 1 hour to walk all the way around the resort (that is also stopping along the way).

Edited: 26 January 2011, 19:29
DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia - how far are the resorts from one another?

Let me clarify - all the way around the resort, meaning walking from the Ambar around to the Bavaro and then cutting through the Punta Cana side. I love to walk. Just take my bubba and camera and off I go!

Alma, Québec
Level Contributor
145 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia - how far are the resorts from one another?

Every restaurant is in walkable distance from Ambar. Maybe 10 minutes from Ambar lobby to Bavaro lobby. If you decide not to walk, there is a little bus.

Ambar is more quiet. After the buffet is closed, you can only have food with room service. If you want some action in the evening ( or food, or bar after 11 pm) , you can go to Pueblo Principe. It's near the lobby of Bavaro and Punta Cana. One again, a nice walk or little bus ride.

We've tried both hotels and really prefered Ambar!

6. Re: Gran Bahia - how far are the resorts from one another?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2012, 05:17