We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tax/visa to enter in Dominican Republic

Curitiba, Brazil
Level Contributor
171 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Tax/visa to enter in Dominican Republic

I´m going next march to Punta Cana and I can´t find the exact amount I have to pay per person when I arrive in the country (I know I have to pay... not sure if it's a tax or the visa). Someone said me it's 10 dollars, another said t's 30 dollars...

Anyone can help me with that?

Thanks a lot!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
617 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tax/visa to enter in Dominican Republic

You need to purchase a $10 US Tourist Card when you enter the country.

Some tour operators/air lines will have this included in your ticket price. You will need to check with them.

When you depart the DR, you will pay a $20 US Departure Tax. Once again, some tour operators/airlines will include this in their price.

Hope this helps

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tax/visa to enter in Dominican Republic

$10.00 P.P. to enter. Nothing to Exit if U.S. Citizen.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tax/visa to enter in Dominican Republic

The nationals of the following countries do not need visa or tourist card to enter the Dominican Republic:

Argentina, Chile, South Korea, Ecuador, Israel, Japón, Perú, Uruguay.

The nationals of the following countries just need a tourist card to enter the Dominican Republic:

Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Brazil, Bolivia, Canada, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Dominica, Slovakia, Slovenia, El Salvador, Spain, United States (including Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. John and Hawaii), Finland, France (including French Guyana, Martinique, Guadalupe and Reunion), Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Macedonia, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, UK, Netherlands, St. Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, San Vincent and Grenadines, St. Lucia, Sweden, Switzerland, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Venezuela.

In addition, any person regardless of nationality who can legally enter or reside in the United States of America, the European Union (including Great Britain), and Canada may enter the Dominican Republic with the presentation of a valid passport and the purchase of the tourist card at the port of arrival.

The tourist card is $10

The departure tax is $20 and everyone has to pay it. Dominicans, Gringos, Canadians, Chinese, etc. If you are leaving on a U.S. airline, it was already collected when you purchased the ticket and included in the taxes. On most other airlines, it has to be paid upon departure.

Curitiba, Brazil
Level Contributor
171 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tax/visa to enter in Dominican Republic

I´m brazilian, so I definitly have to pay the entry tax! To levae, I have to check in my ticket at LAN to sse if they have already collected it.

Thanks a lot everyone!

allentown
Level Contributor
346 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tax/visa to enter in Dominican Republic

Hi, We paid the $10.00 each when we arrived and paid nothing when leaving. That was in 2009. Check with you travel agent they would know what the current statis is on the tax.

Aurora, Canada
Level Contributor
501 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tax/visa to enter in Dominican Republic

EDM..........you did not type all that out...but copied old post........?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tax/visa to enter in Dominican Republic

copied and pasted from the DR embassy website:

http://www.domrep.org/

8. Re: Tax/visa to enter in Dominican Republic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2012, 05:34