We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana Princess vs. Bavaro Princess

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Cana Princess vs. Bavaro Princess

I am looking into a 10 night break in april - these two resorts are the same price but the Punta Cana is rated higher by reviews. We have friends staying in the Bavaro Princess at the same time - would you advise us to book into the Punta Cana assuming that we can travel to each other's resorts when we want to meet up?

Thanks so much in advance for your help - I've never been to the Caribbean before so its all very exciting!

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
481 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana Princess vs. Bavaro Princess

I am not sure you can use each others resorts. Can only speak about PCP and it was wonderful, adults only, very quiet and laid back. When you stay here you can use services of Caribe Club & Tropical Princess.

kanata
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana Princess vs. Bavaro Princess

If you book bavaro princess platinum you can go to all the sister resorts will be there feb 15 can't wait getting veery excited!

Brian

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana Princess vs. Bavaro Princess

Came back from Bavaro Princess few days ago and loved it. If you book Platinum you will have access to all princess resorts. I would recommend Bavaro Princes, the other one sorry but haven’t been to.

halifax canada
Level Contributor
960 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana Princess vs. Bavaro Princess

we did bavarow princess platinum last year and loved it .we would not do it without platinum.we spent 2 days at caribe club,and one at pcp,it was great

Kenosha WI.
Level Contributor
910 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana Princess vs. Bavaro Princess

bump

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana Princess vs. Bavaro Princess

We stay @ Bavaro Princess all the time in Platinum it's great.

Fredericton, NB
Level Contributor
292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta Cana Princess vs. Bavaro Princess

If you stay at the PCP I don't think you will have the ability to visit your friends. Depending on the level they booked they might be able to visit you.

Don't get too worked up over the hotel ratings. There would be very little difference in the hotels rated from #10 to #35 or so on the TA list. The lower rating for the Bavaro likely reflects the many levels of rooms and service they have as well.

My advise, if you want to hang out with your friends, stay at the same resort they are at. That way no waiting for shuttles to move you between resorts. If you are at different resorts you will spend a great deal of your vacation time, waiting for shuttles, waiting to meet up etc. Time in Punta Cana is too valuable to waste it on a shuttle or waiting in a lobby for someone.

Whitby
Level Contributor
820 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Punta Cana Princess vs. Bavaro Princess

Hi ktnpky - If your friends are at the Bavaro Princess and booked Platinum, the can visit all of the sister resorts. PCP guests can only visit the Caribe and the Tropical - not the Bavaro Princess.

I agree with Frederictonfamily - book in to the same resort as your friends - if you book Platinum - you can visit the PCP whenever you want.

Sue

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Punta Cana Princess vs. Bavaro Princess

Let us talk experience...

the PCP is adults only, ultra small and quiet. You have to go next door for a more lively atmosphere especially at night.

the bavaro Princess is 3 doors down, not next door and would be about a 10ish min walk between the two. The BP is huge, more variety ie quiet and alone or in the middle of it all. There are two pools one up by the lobby/spa area and the other down by the beach.

Now if the resorts are the same price, be sure you will be comparing apples to apples because it is never the same price. Sunwing sells cheap but gives you the hotel rooms up past the lobby even further to the beach and sell those as jr suites. In many photos, you see the Bungalow suite. These are spread out over the property. The Platinum upgrade gives you access to the other Princesses otherwise guests stay put. The platinum upgrade gives you many more services and facilities which makes the resort more convenient, otherwise it is not too convienient.

the BP is in an excellent location to off resort fun, it is right at the end of the driveway. The PCP is in a good location also, but if you want to head off the resort the BP is more convenient.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Punta Cana Princess vs. Bavaro Princess

confirming: yes, stay at BP with the Platinum you have access all of the Princess properties, Guests of the PCP have access to only the Caribe/Tropical next door.

both resorts are decent, but you have to see what kind of experience you want to have.