We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribe Club Princess vs Tropical Princess

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Caribe Club Princess vs Tropical Princess

staying at tropical and wondering if I should change to CC

can you pay to upgrade there?

What are your thoughts?

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
724 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Tropical Princess

The Caribe is rated a bit higher. Many people think the VIP at Caribe is good. Good rooms and premium alcohol.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Tropical Princess

there's also a VIP option?

know any price differences?

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Tropical Princess

When we booked the Caribe the VIP was $100 per person extra. You supposedly got a 20 minute massage, an hour of internet, dinner at one of the pay restaurants, beach towels in the room, and premium alcohol. We did not pay for the upgrade, as we didn't feel it was worth it. What we liked about the Caribe was that you could use the a la cartes as often as you wished (plus the two at the tropical). I believe at the tropical you were limited to only the Brazilian and Dominican. Check out my review of the Caribe, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

halifax canada
Level Contributor
960 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Tropical Princess

we are doing caribe suit vip feb 24 .it was 60 more then reguler room and 150 more then tropical

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Tropical Princess

150 total or per night???

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Tropical Princess

bump

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Tropical Princess

not per night per stay.

In Canada the vip for this resort is the Vip Caribe Suites. Basically the tropical and the caribe are the same resort with exchange privileges at both. You can't even tell when on the resort that you have ventured to the other side. It is very well set up. It used to be about 4 years ago when you could tack on the vip to the tropical or the caribe without going vip suites.

The only differences between the two are that guests of the tropical have access to 2 of the 5 a la cartes and have to pay 8$usd to use each of the other 3 if and when you do. Guests of the Caribe (vip or not) have access to all 5. The other difference is the room safe is included in the vip caribe suites and not in the tropical (24$ value). Now often once you factor the cost of the tropical plus the 24$usd plus the possible 24$usd to use the other restaurants, you are already paying 50$ more. The caribe is often about that in price difference, the vip gives you quite a few perks but you shouldn't pay more than 80-100$ for it to be worth it.

I have been to the resort 3 times, once caribe no vip, once tropical vip (was cheaper) and once caribe vip suites. I preferred the vip because just in Premium alcohol, and the gourmet dinner (40$usd value) I came into my money. If the caribe suites vip is 100$ more than the tropical room you are paying for it is worth it. If you are on a budget and wouldn't take advantage of the premium alcohol, the massage, the gourmet dinner, room service etc then it is not worth it. If the vip caribe suites is 200$ really think about what you need to have vs what you wouldn't mind having.

ontario
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Tropical Princess

Joey, is the Caribe where you and your crew have decided to stay for spring break?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Tropical Princess

ha! you really don't want me going to PC do you? :(

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply