We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing in punta cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
fishing in punta cana

Ive heard you can book a fishing charter but its something ridiculous like $800.00....is there any other way (that wont break the bank) for my husband to go fishing in Punta Cana?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
987 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing in punta cana

Hay,

You can book with your rep when you arrive into resort, you can share a Charter with other people, prices are around $119 in the morning and a bit cheaper in the afternoon around $109, these charters normally last for around 4 hours, if you want to go along for the ride and not fish you can and the price is cheaper for you.......................

Enjoy..........................................

halifax canada
Level Contributor
960 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing in punta cana

we like to yous mike fisher for half day fishishing great boats and great crew ita around 100 dollers .you can book with him before you get there under things to do on left side of this site,we had a great time last year.cant wait for this year

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing in punta cana

Mikes Marina website http://www.mikesmarina.info

email: mike@MikesMarina.info

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing in punta cana

I am kind of bias as I've fished with Mike's Marina each time we've been to PC. Below is the fish we caught Jan 25th. Yes, just last month. We are finializing dates and going back to PC in May, yes, in 4 months. Which ever fishing excursion you book, have a great time.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k41932…

4 months and counting...........yeah

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing in punta cana

Damn ...Now I hate Belive even more..Lol

Would have loved to have been there when you brought them beauties in..:-)

Sparky

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fishing in punta cana

Dang Peter,

I thought you had seen those. Yes, it would have been great if you could had been there. Mike called us on the boat as he had found out we had caught 3 fish again. He said I have the "touch" can "talk" to the big fish's or something like that when I step on one of his boats. Four boats had gone out that morning and we caught 3, one boat caught one and the other two weren't lucky at all. Ken and I help the crew in locating fish as we fish alot. We are always looking for signs of fish, birds diving etc, and then reel them in. The big one i'm holding was actually the second one I reeled in so you know my arms were like "jelly" after that one. All the long boats that were carrying the other passenagers from their boats to shore stopped by ours just to see the fish as it was spread around to all the boats that I had caught a monster of a fish. By the time we got to shore, everyone that hadn't been on the water wanted to see the pictures. Mike was on shore when we got back and you know how proud he was that I got the "big one".

Anyway, we are going back to PC in May so hopefully i will have the "touch" again.

Happy

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fishing in punta cana

what do you do with the fish you catch? Do you keep them to eat?

Edited: 07 February 2011, 20:53
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fishing in punta cana

We usually give them all to the boat crew as they sell them to the resorts or local markets to help them suppliment their income. This time we did take one back to our resort where the chef made us the most fantastic dinner I think I've ever had and I'm not exaggerating. The rest of the fish was give to the resturant (we stay at Melia on RS side so we have a private resturant) and they barbue'd it the next day at their dorms. All the wait staff came up to me that night after their lunch bbq and thank'd us for the fantastic meal they just had.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fishing in punta cana

thanks...trying to decide were to book now for our honeymoon in June. First time in PC so wanna make it a good one!

michigan
Level Contributor
412 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: fishing in punta cana

Hi,

Great pictures, we are thinking of going on a private charter. Do you know if they pick you up at your hotel. We will be staying at Hard Rock and it looks to be a ways away almost to the airport.