We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

punta cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Luck, WI
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Topic
punta cana

I just returned from punta cana feb 5th and I want to know what happened to all the sick people I met at the hotel and the airport. 75% of the people in our hotel (NH Real), airport, and on our plane were very sick. Dont you guys write on Trip Advisor? We were all very violently sick. Im still not right a week later. Any ideas?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: punta cana

wow sounds like a huge number not be be at least mentioned on here once....maybe they are too sick to write about it.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,704 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: punta cana

You met 75% of the guests??? WOW!!! I am impressed!

I gave tours to 6 couples from NH over Feb 1, 3 and 4...none of which mentioned anything of illness.

I was at the departure section of the airport Sunday afternoon for almost 2 hours during the busy part of the day as well as Monday...no signs of 75% illness.

Not saying that you yourself did not come down with something, but to state 75% without verification, seems a bit exaggerated...a wee bit!

Cheers

PCMike

kanata
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: punta cana

75% hung over maybee ! Lol

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,704 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: punta cana

In fairness, I will say that my wife was ill for 5 days with what appeared to be the flu. ....upset stomach, weak...and sleepy...classic flu. After...right back to normal.

We ate the same foods...slept in the same bed...saw the same people (aside from my tours) and aside from a hangover one morning...I felt great as did my 20 month old daughter.

I suspect you have suffered a strain of the flu...not uncommon this time of year.

Cheers

PCMike

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: punta cana

I would have to concur . . .

c

6. Re: punta cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2012, 06:17